The meeting and mission (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Yes Ma'am," she said.

"I'll be in my cabin if you need me," Emilia said as she turned around to head inside the ship towards her room.

"Yes Ma'am," the nearby crew said.

Arriving at her room, Emilia opened the door and placed the young girl onto her bed as she dried her off with the towel the girl was still cocooned in. Walking to her wardrobe Emilia brought out two sets of clothes, a new uniform for herself and a shirt and a set of underwear as anything extra would be a tripping hazard if the young girl tried to walk. Stripping the young girl of her soaked clothes Emilia looked in shock at the young girl sleeping in front of her. "I'll ask her about it when she wakes up and recovers from the experience she's been through," Emilia thought to herself as she put her change of clothes on the sleeping girl. Grabbing her spare uniform Emilia walked to her en-suite bathroom shedding her wet clothes as she went. After she had a relaxing shower and drying herself off Emilia changed into her uniform and walked out of her bathroom into her room drying her hair with a towel as she went. Walking to her bed she saw that the girl was giving signs that she would be waking up so Emilia dragged over a nearby chair and sat at the girl's bedside as she waited for her to wake up. As her eyes opened the girl blinked several times for her eyes to refocus before she saw Emilia sitting beside her watching as she woke up.

"Careful my dear, you've had a traumatic experience, try not to move too much," Emilia said kindly.

"Who are you and what do you mean?" The girl said as she looked at Emilia in confusion and slight panic before she started crying as her memories came back to her.

"Mummy, Daddy!" She cried as she remembered how they had saved her in exchange for their lives.

Bringing her into a hug Emilia said, "There, there my dear, it'll be alright. I don't want to ask this but I need to know whether you have any other family member to look after you."

Crying into her chest the young shook her head showing that she had no other family members.

Emilia then said, "I see, would you want to live with me instead? I could adopt you as my daughter if you want me to?" Emilia said.

Crying softly the young girl nodded her head and hugged Emilia tightly. Once the girl stopped crying Emilia asked, "Since you're my new daughter can you tell me your name?"

"I'm Akeno Misaki," the now-named Akeno said.

"Very well, my name is Emilia Schneider, Admiral of the Blue Mermaids, your name shall be Akeno Misaki Schneider and my daughter," Emilia said.

"Okay Mummy," Akeno said as she hugged her new mother's chest again.

"Rest now my dear, I'll introduce you to my crew tomorrow if you want."

"Can I watch you work tomorrow?" Akeno said sleepily.

"Of course you can, my dear, but you might find it a bit boring as there are quite often large periods of inactivity," Emilia said.

"I don't care, I want to spend time with you, Mummy," Akeno said as she held Emilia's hand,

"Very well my dear, I'll take you to the bridge when your ready," Emilia said as she stroked the back of Akeno's hand comfortingly.

"Mummy," Akeno said after a while.

"Yes, my dear?"

"Can you sleep with me tonight?" Akeno asked nervously.

"Of course you can my dear," Emilia said as she climbed into the bed and held Akeno to herself.

"Thank you, Mummy, I love you," Akeno said as she hugged her new mother's chest and closed her eyes to sleep.