chapter vi

chapter vi 

"Would you like to try and learn, George?" I asked. He rolled his eyes playfully at the comment with a face that said 'ha-ha-very-funny'.

I soon picked the pace back up and shortly I was done with the small doily, grabbing a pair of scissors afterward, I cut the remaining string attached and set the baby blue skein back into the wicker basket. Perhaps I would make an afghan for my niece, but I decided I would pick up that project when George went to work tomorrow and I was finished with my errands around the house and outside of our cozy little home.

Just then, the sweet voice of Nat King Cole could be heard on the radio and I smiled brightly as I heard him sing The Christmas Song. Which possibly had to be one of my most favorite christmas songs by the man himself. George saw this and smiled, he also knew how much I loved the 2009 Andrea Bocelli and David Foster Christmas Special. In fact, I quite liked Andrea Bocelli's music a lot. My grandmother had always listened to him when I was a kid, and I had always been entranced with his talent and the perfection of his voice.

"I wish they were playing the David Foster and Andrea Bocelli Christmas Special this year, but unfortunately it's over ten years old." I chuckled.

"We have it on DVD, if you want to watch it, we can." George adds while he walks over to the armmoir next to the TV that was filled with DVDS and VHS tapes.

The look on my face said it all, and he smiled warmly, searching for the DVD box as he was determined to find it and let me watch Andrea Bocelli sing once again for the thirteenth Christmas in a row. I loved this man, and it broke my heart that the least I couldn't do was give him children. Perhaps God would look upon us in favor and give us the blessing we had been asking for, for thirteen years, revealing I was pregnant. Of course that was highly unlikely considering that we have been trying for so long, but hey, a girl can dream.