Chapter 10

Martina's POV

''Hello, Mr. Hall.'' I said, coldly as he was passing by.
''Are you okay?'' He asked and stopped in front of my desk. He should really stop making such cute puppy eyes or I'll go soft again.

''Everything is fine.'' I said. He looked at me confused and entered his office. The reason I'm being so cold and untouchable is because I want to forget him. I want to forget the feelings I have for him.

Every time he would come from the lift and pass by my desk, my heart would skip a bit. Even now. And I hate myself for that. We will never be more than the emplyer and emloyee.

I hate everything about these thoughts. I think I know what should I do. A distraction. I searched a site for blind dates. I know some friends who went to this site and now they have girlfriends and boyfriends who they love.

One blind date can't hurt anyone. I signed up and waited. I wonder who will respond to my profile. Would anyone even want to go on a blind date?

Meanwhile, to distract myself from thinking about that, I started entering data from papers into the computer like Mr. Hall told me few days ago. This is nothing hard, but you can really get bored after a while.

After quite a while, I finished. And my phone like on the cue dinged. I was nervous to see from who did I got a message. I opened the phone and entered the chat.

There was simple 'hey' from some cute boy. I opened his picture and widened my eyes. This guy was so handsome. But he isn't like Mr. Hall. My concious told me. Shut up. I don't want to think about him.

I replied with 'hey'. After few seconds, he sent me a message in which he introduced himself. How nice of him. His name is Daniel and he is 20. That's more appropriate age for me.

He asked to meet me in 7 today. Oh wow. Do we usually go this fast? I responded with 'ok'. But my shift is till 9. I'm just going to ask Mr. Hall to let me earlier because of 'a private matter'.

I got up and knocked on the door before entering.
''Mr. Hall?'' I called him. He looked up and I almost fainted right there.
''Can I leave earlier today?'' I asked, politely.
''Reason?''
''Private matter.'' I said. He raised an eyebrow, but sighed.
''You can.''
''Thank you.'' I said and closed his door.

Oh my God! My first date. I can't wait. I think I'm well dressed like this. It's not too much either. I have few more hours and I'm going to leave then.

****

I straightened my attire and entered the cafe. I looked over to find the boy from the picture sitting in a corner. He was really handsome in reality.

I slowly approached him. When he noticed me, he shot up from chair, making me smile. He was nervous like I was. But he was cute.

''Hello, Daniel.'' I smiled and shook his hand.
''Hello, Martina.'' I chuckled as we sat down.

''You're very pretty, I must say.'' He said. I blushed a bit. He didn't have to say that right away.
''Thank you. I didn't know you wanted to meet up that quickly, but I guess it's okay.''
''Sorry. I was nervous and I wanted to meet you as soon as possible. That was my first time on that site.'' He said, nervously.

Waiter came to pick up our orders. He was so funny how nervous he was. But I liked his personality.
''So Daniel, do you work somewhere or?'' I asked him.
''I work in Rusell Corporation, but aside from that job I'm attending college.'' He said, making me widen my eyes.

''No way. I work there too.'' Now it was his turn to widen his eyes and be shocked.
''How come that I never saw you?'' He said.
''That's what I thought. What a coincidence.''

''We can meet each other even in the company then. On which department you work at?'' He asked me.
''I work as boss's personal assistant actually.''
''Wow, that's awesome. So how is it like to work directly with the boss? I heard he is not a kind person.''

''He is actually a really nice person, but he doesn't know how to take responsabilties for his actions.'' I huffed angrily. It reminded me of what happened at his house. Irresponsible jerk. Just the thought about that makes me mad.

''What do you mean by that?'' Daniel asked me and realization hit me.
''Oh, nothing. Forget about it.''
''I'm glad you're not one of his ex-assistants. They were nasty.'' He made disgusted face and siped from his coffee.

''What do you mean?''
''Boss slept with every of them. How couldn't he? They were all sexy and attractive.'' He shrugged. I almost bursted into tears. He was too good to be true. A manwhore? Why am I even surprised?

''Let's stop talking about our job.'' I said when I came to my senses again. We started talking about our families and education. Daniel is a really good guy and I'm glad I met him.

After, maybe three hours or so, we departed. He was sweet enough to accompany me to the bus station. He was so sweet when he gave me a hug before leaving.

When I arrived home, I was shocked to see Mr. Hall in front of my house. He was leaned on the wall and he was smoking a cigarette.

''What are you doing here, Mr. Hall?''
''What were you doing on that date?'' He said. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Who is he to tell me where I can go?

''I asked you something first.'' I retorted.
''Was your stupid date more important than your work?'' He asked me getting closer. I noticed lights in my house were off.
''Excuse me, Mr. Hall. But you're nobody in my private life so you could question me things like that.'' I said.

He pinned me to the wall of my house and smirked as he leaned down.
''Then why did you kiss me back, little girl?'' He asked me. I gulped hard as I stared into his eyes.
''You s-said...'' I stuttered.
''I wanted to see what will you tell me, but you decided to lie about it.''

''Were you really eager to have a man in your life, Martina?'' He teased me. I pushed him off and slapped him hard.
''I'm not a whore, you bastard.'' I yelled. He caught his red cheek and looked at me with guilt.

''That's not—'' I cut him off.
''I don't care what you meant, Mr. Hall. Go call your previous secretaries. Maybe they still want to get in your pants.'' I yelled and rushed inside my house. I heard him knock on the door.
''Martina, I'm sorry. Listen to me.'' I ignored him and rushed upstairs in my room.

I just laid on my bed after kicking my heels and curled up. I started crying because of everything. I hate him. I hate these feelings towards him. I wish I can erase all of them.