Chapter 51 - Urgent Report! Aizen's Terrifying Plan!

Ari Kurosaki's POV

It has been a few days since we encountered those arrancar's. My injuries have almost healed, and I was careless not expecting Tosen to show up like that the thought makes me frustrated. Toshiro, Rangiku and I were taking our residence in Orihime's tiny apartment I thought it was very sweet that she allowed for us to stay here for the time being. But I feel bad that we have taken up quite a lot of her space.

Especially now that we have installed a special giant television-like screen in the apartment this will allow us to communicate with the soul society.

Toshiro, Rangiku and I were standing in front of the giant device that was mounted against the wall, and the screen was showing us static. Orihime pokes her head inside from the front door and started at us with a puzzled expression.

"Woah! That's really cool".

Suddenly the screen went from static to showing us rin Tsubokura from the department of research and development. It looked like he was eating food, the crumbs was shown on the corners of his face. "Ahhh! I'm sorry thank you for waiting. You've reached the call center for the department of research and development."

"Tell him Toshiro Hitsugaya, captain of squad 10 and Ari Kurosaki, captain of squad 9 is calling". Toshiro sternly informs while his hands were placed in his pant pockets, while I was standing with my arms crossed against my chest.

"Yes sir, he is expecting your call" rin says with a small smile then the screen changed to the head Captain

"Ahh its the head Captain!" Orihime says in surprise

"I must commend you both for taking care of this so quickly Captain Hitsugaya and Captain Kurosaki. The recent development made it imperative that we establish this emergency channel as soon as possible, we have discovered Sōsuke Aizen true objective."

I gazed towards Toshiro and Rangiku and both of there eyes widen. "That's What this is about? So you've found out what Aizen's after."

The head Captain hummed in response as he nodded his head. "We have indeed".

"Ahh you know what, it sounds like you guys are discussing important soul reaper stuff, so I'll just go outside okay" Orihime says in a hurry not wanting to be involved.

"Wait a moment" the head Captain calls.

Orihime stops in her tracks. "Unfortunately the matter I'm about to discuss concerns you humans as well, you should hear what I have to say."

Orihime turns around now facing the screen. "Yes sir".

"As you may know Sōsuke Aizen disappeared months ago and since then we have launched an extensive investigation, we've had teams searching through the squad 5 captains room where Aizen lived, the underground assembly hall of central 46, the Seijōtōkyorin where he hid himself after his faked death, and even the Daireishokairō were after countless hours of scanning through all the data, Captain Ukitake discovered something."

"The information Captain Aizen had been looking at, what was it?". Toshiro sternly asks.

"The Ōken"

My eyes widen in fear thinking what exactly does Aizen want with the King's key?.

"Umm what exactly is an Ōken?" Orihime questions in confusion.

I was quick to explain to Orihime what the Ōken is. "The literal translation is the royal key, you may not have known but the soul society has a royal family, we do have a king but he had placed central 46 in charge of governing the soul society and the royal family chose to never get involved, neither the captains or myself, none of us have actually seen the royal family in person"

"Indeed our king is called the Reiō or soul king, not only is he revered, he has also an importance symbiotic figure within the soul society. The royal palace is located in a completely separate dimension and is guarded by its own private force an elite group known as the royal security guard's and the Ōken is the key that opens the gate to the dimension where the royal palace is".

"If that's true and Aizen's after the key, that means he wants to." Orihime says in worry but got cut short when the head Captain finished the sentence for her.

"Murder the king, I'm afraid we must assume that is his motive, however I believe there is more immediate threat".

"Could there have been any information in the book Aizen was looking at that would lead him to the location of the Ōken". Toshiro questions sternly.

"Not exactly, the location of the Ōken has a secret that has been passed down from 1 head Captain of the thirteen court guard squads to the next for generations, there has never been nor ever shall be a written record of its whereabouts. The document Aizen was looking at dealt not with the location but the creation of the Ōken he now posses the knowledge with which to create the royal key. Perhaps you understand now the Jūreichi that Aizen is after, is Karakura Town. I realized one hundred thousand souls, will derate you within a radius of one sprit mile, it may seem like abstract concepts and be difficult for you to visualize so I will put it in more Concrete terms. If Aizen is able to follow the instructions which he now posses and he success in completing the Ōken, Karakura town the land on which it stands and every person living their will be carved out of this world and erased from existents".

"No that's not possible, but isn't there anything you can do? Isn't there someway you can stop him." Orihime says in fear.

"We will find a way, the thirteen court guard squads were created for this very purpose, thankfully we still have a little time to work with. According to Captain Kurotsuchi's report the Hōgyoku reminds in an dormant state for a period of time after being released from its seal, there is nothing Aizen can do to change that we believe it will take 4 months to fully awaken, Aizen will be unable to assemble his forces until the Hōgyoku is fully awakened then he will make his move, this winter we shall fight! Until then we must improve our skills and not rest until we have prepared for battle".

"Yes sir". Toshiro, Rangiku and I say in sync Following orders.

"Now as for you Orihime Inoue, since Aizen's objective is the world of the living the area maybe to large for us to handle by ourselves we will need the world of the living to gather it's strength as well, go I want you to inform Ichigo Kurosaki of this matter".

"Yes sir". Orihime says with a formal bow and ran out the tiny apartment.

Rangiku was also about to leave, before turning to Toshiro. "I will find Ikkaku and make sure everyone else is notified". 

"Good Ari and I will give you a hand". Toshiro says turning around from the screen but I stayed put.

"Wait". The head captain called out stopping Toshiro in his tracks. "I was wondering if I might have a moment of your time captain hitsugaya. I realize there are urgent matters at hand but there is someone here who has been waiting to speak with you".

My eyes widen in realization that it might be Momo she has been out of it since the whole Aizen situation, but I feel that Toshiro hasn't got a clue on who would want to talk to him. I formally bowed wanting to give Toshiro his privacy with Momo. "I will help Rangiku, and I will see you later." I say turning around about to walk out of the apartment

Toshiro's eyes softens and he grabbed my hand stopping me in my tracks. "Please stay, this won't take long I promise".

I lightly smiled and turned around facing the screen again.

Toshiro's eyes widen in surprise. "Ahh it can't be."