32. Is The Moon Upside Down Already?

Start from the beginning

Luna herself could feel how scared Jasper was at the moment and she couldn't help but look at him in concern. Everyone watched in worry as Jasper became nearer to his emotional breakdown.

Before it could all break Jasper completely, the honey-blonde vampire suddenly speeds his way towards his soulmate and hugs her like his life depended on it.

"Stop...Selene, please stop." Jasper whispered, his arms wrapping around her tightly. "I-I can't─I can't take it."

Esme placed a hand over her mouth as she was comforted by Carlisle beside her. Rose and Emmett shared a worried glance before wrapping an arm around her shoulder. Alice closed her eyes and turned to Jackie, immediately hugging her. While Valerie simply looked at the people around her, a sad smile appearing on her lips as she wondered why she had no one next to her that would make her feel the way they made each other feel.

Luna hugged Jasper in return as he tried to get the horrifying thoughts of losing her out of his head.

"I'm sorry." Luna whispered. "I'm so sorry."

Jasper closed his eyes as he continued to hug Luna tightly, as if loosening his grasps on the girl just even a little bit would suddenly make her disappear. He never felt this way aside from when he found the love of his life sprawled across the hood of the crashed car, all bloodied and whimpering, clinging on for dear life. Never had he felt fear more intense than when he saw her gold eyes slowly losing its life.

"I won't leave you, Jazz." She whispered.

If they could produce tears right now, the two would've shed several by now. The fear was too great that it had them almost break down.

"Till the moon's upside down, remember?" Luna told him.

Jasper didn't respond. Instead, he nuzzled into her neck and let themselves remain in that position as long as needed.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

It's in the middle of the night and Luna was lying awake in her own bed, not that she can go to sleep anyway. She has been waiting for Jasper to come by. He was supposed to come hours ago to keep her company during the night like he usually does.

But for some reason, Jasper didn't show, and Luna couldn't shake this feeling that it has something to do with what happened earlier when she was training.

After opening the lights in her room, she reached for her phone and searched for Jasper's contact before clicking 'call'.

It kept ringing, making Luna grow impatient by every ring.

"Pick up, Jazz." She whispered to herself.

The call rang for a few more before it was declined.

Luna's eyes widened in surprise. He declined her call. For the very first time, he declined her call.

"What the fuck?" She said, not knowing if she should feel mad, concerned, or both.

Luna tried a couple more times and she got nothing more than declined calls. The dirty-blonde have become frustrated as she walked back and forth in the middle of her room, starting to feel frantic.

She then went on to dial Jackie's phone number and try to talk to her instead.

Unlike Jasper, Jackie answered quickly.

"Hey, Luna. What's up?" Jackie greeted.

"Hey. Can I talk to Jasper?" Luna asked.

Jackie furrowed her eyebrows as she walked around the empty house.