NINETEEN

YOUR EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, squinting at the beam of light directed on your face

YOUR EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, squinting at the beam of light directed on your face. You put a hand over your eyes to block the ray aiming right at you.

You felt a weight on your chest and looked down to see
Himari cuddling you.

Yesterday when you picked Himari up from school she noticed how down you where and insisted on having a girls night.

You painted each other's nails, watched a movie, and baked. She always knew how to make you smile.

You carefully slipped out of bed, letting her sleep a little longer, and got ready for the day.

After making breakfast and waking Himari up, you dropped her off at school.

Then, you started your walk to school. You woke up earlier today so that you could walk alone. Call it wimpy, but you didn't feel like you could face Iwaizumi today.

You put on headphones and played music on the walk to school. It was peaceful. There weren't many times that you walked alone. Your glad you decided too, it was a good opportunity to calm down and relax.

Except you couldn't relax. Just think, think, think.

How are you ever going to be able to say a single word to Iwaizumi after this?

<3

You eventually made it to school and went to practice. It was good. Volleyball is always good.

You walked to your first class but stopped when you heard,

"[Y/N]-chan!"

"Why didn't you walk with us today? You had me worried for nothing.." Oikawa grumbled. Your eyes flicker over to Iwaizumi, who is standing completely still, to Oikawa.

You smiled , "Sorry about that. I just wanted to get some practice in early."

Oikawa nods, "Very reasonable. We'll, I'd better get to class before everyone starts wondering where I have gone."

"Yeah you do that." You muttered before looking up when you realize Iwaizumi was still there.

"Hi [Y/N]." He says quietly, looking anywhere but your face.

"Hi Iwaizumi." You said back.

You didn't know what to do. Act like nothing happened? Keep your distance?

You stared at his eyes and he looked at yours. You smiled shyly, "I see the bell has rung. Can't be late, I'll catch you around!"

He frowned, "The bell hasn't even-"

But he stopped himself from finishing his sentence when he realized you were already lost in the crowd. He shook his head and walked to class.

You settled into your seat in math and looked over to your desk mate.

"Pssst" you whisper.

He ignored you as usual.

"Hey."

"..."

You threw your pencil at his head. He snapped his head at you and scowled, "What do you want?!"

You rolled your eyes, "Your attention duh."

He gritted his teeth, "Yes. I understand that. But why?"

You smiled small, "I just wanted to ask for your advise. Calm down Haru."

He looked at you dead in the eyes and whispered harshly, "30 seconds. You have 30 second to tell me what it is before you get both of us in trouble."

Your smile widened. "Okay so I got rejected right and I don't know what to do now! Do I try again? Like how soon after? A week? Month? A year oh man Im not waiting a full year-"

"Give up."

"W-what?!" She whisper yelled.

He looked at her blankly. "This is the part where you give up. Confession, rejection, acceptance?"

"What no, I ca-"

"Give. Up. You asked for my advice, there it is."

You frowned and looked out the window, fiddiling with the hem of your shirt. Haru noticed the dejected look on your face and sighed.

"I was joking." He muttered. (He was not joking. But seeing how sulky you got after his response he decided to pretend he wa. )

You looked at him with your mouth forming an 'O' shape.

"You were?"

He rolled his eyes. "Obviously idiot. Just be the same around him. Don't be desperate, but don't be too distance." He said rubbing his temples.

You're eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "Thats a great idea Haru! Just what I needed, thanks."

"Whatever."

"Does this mean we are finally friends? We should exchange numbers!"

"No."

"Aw man."

You ended up pestering him the whole class and getting in trouble for it.

He found that funny and gave you his number saying " For the good laugh."