Losing A Bet

I wake up in my own semi-comfy bed. Slowly, I ball my hands into fists and rub the sleep from my eyes. The sun shines through my gray cutains, making me flinch. My semi-comfortable bed creaks as I move to get up.

        If I'm going to be on time, I would need to get dressed and leave my dormatory within the next twenty minutes. Breakfast starts in about thrity minutes and I don't want to be late. Nobody does.

        Levi is going to keep his promise today.

~The Previous Day

     "Come on, captain! I bet I could drink that whole cup of beer faster than you!" Jean exclaims, throwing his cup on the table. Levi looks aunamused but plays along. Everyone is staying quiet but listening very intently to the two of them.

        "How much?" Levi asks.

        "What?"

        "How much do you bet?" Levi smirks.

        "I'm not betting any money," Jean says. "But if I win and I drink that whole cup faster than you than you have to..." He trails off to think of something. "Then you have to kiss Eren! In front of the entire Scout Regiment!" Levi almost chokes on his bread at this. I sit a couple tables down from them and smile. I wouldn't mind kissing Levi. I've always been attracted to him but I never thought he showed any interest in me or ever would. If he loses, this could be my chance to show him I'm not that bad.

        Jean smirks and Marco pats him on the back. "Nice one!" Marco laughs with a grin that reaches ear to ear.

        Levi swallows his bread and sets the rest of the tiny loaf on the table. "Fine," He stares at the drink on the table. "But if I win, then you have to-" He whispers something in Jean's ear. I don't think anyone but Jean heard what he said because Levi is very good at being secretive. Whatever it was, Jean's face turns a light shade of pink that slowly grows to a bright red.

        "Fine! But no problem for me because I'm going to win." Levi shrugs, picking up his cup. They're both filled to the top with beer. Marco throws one hand in the air to get everyone's attention. He knows that everyone heard the bet.

        "No spilling the beer on yourself to empty the cup faster or you will automatically lose the bet! Start drinking in 3..." Jean and Levi lift their cups to their chins. "...2..." Levi looks unamused still and lifts the cup to his lips like Jean. "...1...Drink!"

        Levi starts to swallow massive gulps of beer. I don't know if I'm the only one who noticed, but he's not drinking it very fast. Jean is beating him. Is he losing... on purpose?

        Jean slams his empty cup on the table and wipes his face of his beer-stache. His cheeks are still a faint red from whatever Levi said. Levi finishes almost a minute later, gently setting his cup on the table. He doesn't look mad, sad, or dissapointed that he lost the bet at all.

        "Oh well. I guess I've lost." Levi states, totally unphazed.

        "Now you have to kiss Eren!" Jean shouts. Levi turns to me and I'm the only one who can see his lip curl up the tiniest bit. Maybe he did lose on purpose but I just can't bring myself to believe it.

        "Tomorrow at breakfast. Make sure, like the bet said, the whole Regiment is here." Levi says turning away from me and walking out of the food hall. Jean seems surprised that Levi doesn't care that he lost. Usually he's furious. But then again, he's comparing it to when we go out to hunt Titans for research and we come back empty handed.

        So tomorrow at breakfast Levi will kiss me. I still don't know if he lost on purpose though. This could be him forced to kiss me, or his option and decision to kiss me. I'm so confused that I need to stop thinking about it. Focus on the facts. Levi will kiss me. I will show him that it was worth it.

~The Next Day/ The Current Day

        I walk down to the food hall where I can wait for Levi. Unless of course he's waiting for me.

        When I enter, most of the Regiment is here. The only people that are obviously missing are Marco, Connie (Who probably slept in too late, like usual), Levi (He very well be afraid to kiss me in front of everyone) and Erwin. But I'm not sure if Erwin even wants to show up. He likes to know that Levi still has dignity.

        Before Levi shows up, Connie and Marco do. They even walk in together, laughing and talking like Marco always is. Connie looks half asleep still which means I was right.

        It's a good ten minutes after they show up that Levi finally walks in. He looks like his normal self except for the fact that his eyes are red and droopy. It looks like he didn't get much sleep. When he realizes that everyone, literally everyone in the Regiment (Except for Erwin because, well, he isn't here) is staring at him, he rubs his eyes and looks normal again.

        "Where's Eren?" Levi asks. I wonder if I'm the only one who noticed that slight excitement in his voice.

        Suddenly I feel a hand on my back pushing me towards Levi. A circle of the Regiment stands around us and I turn around to see who pushed me. Jean, of course. Mikasa stands next to him and by the look in her eye I can see that she's silently judging me. Armin stands next to her with a confused look on his face. He must've not been here yesterday at dinner to know what's happening.

        "Uh, h-hey Levi..." I stutter. I'm so stupid! I'm acting so stupid! I try to stop myself from stuttering. I'm shaking slightly in my knees and I try to stop that too.

        Without notice, Levi wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. Our lips collide and Levi wants more than that. He pulls me closer, slipping his tongue between my teeth. His hands run up my back, reaching to my hair. He runs his fingers through it, pushing my head closer to him. I warp my arms around his neck since he's shorter than me and it would be awkward to go for his waist. Kissing back is the most I can do for Levi.

        "Oh my god! Levi...likes it!" I hear someone shout. By the tone of their voice I assume it was Jean.

        I can hear Mikasa whisper. "You're such an idiot, Eren." But I wasn't the one who made the bet.

        Levi pulls away finally, realizing how serious he was about it. Everyone is staring, mouths gaped wide open. He wipes his mouth free of our saliva and and I see a faint smile hidden behind his "I did it for the bet" face.

        I wipe my mouth, too. Levi is a better kisser than I thought. He could turn a straight man gay. I don't think I have to worry about having a crush on him anymore because I think he might have a crush on me.

        My body shakes from adrenaline and the sudden pursue in sexual attraction to Levi Heichou. All I can do now is wait for him to admit he likes me too.