There were a lot of places in Miami that meant a lot to me

There were a lot of places in Miami that meant a lot to me. Especially ones that allowed me to create memories with my parents.

But every person needs a place. A place to be themselves or a place where they can pretend to be someone else.

A lot of the time, especially during my years in school, I hated being me. I didn't necessarily hate myself. I liked some things. I liked my personality, my intellect. Things like that. But I hated having to be me. I hated being the me who let people treat her like she was nothing. I hated being the me who felt like she wasn't worth more than what others had deemed her to be.

I hated being the me who didn't want to be me anymore.

So, I came here. When I was here, I let myself escape. This was where I wrote, this was where I forgot about the kids at school, and this is where I forgot about myself. I spent my time here trying to look for a me that I would like.

I told Harry this as we walked in and sat down in my usual red chair.

"And did you end up finding yourself here?" He asks me.

I shake my head. "No. I got even more lost in you. But it's the kind of lost that's exactly like being found."

His eyes soften at my admission and I continue. "And I have this place to thank for that. Every decision I made towards bettering myself was made here. And that led me to you. So, this is my spot. It always will be."

He smiles, "That's beautiful, baby." He quickly kisses me and pulls back slightly, lips still hovering over mine. "You are so, so special, honeybee." He pulls back all the way and leans back, clutching my hand in his.

"I used to think I needed to change myself to satisfy everyone, you know?" He tells me. "I thought that in order to attract certain things, I needed to change who I was. Like a flower, yeah? I used to dream of the bee coming to me and thought that was what I needed to blossom. But I needed to start blooming on my own in order to get the bee to come to me in the first place. Or the honeybee, in this case." He smiles at me. "But we needed to start loving ourselves at least a little bit before we could love anyone else. And I think we helped each other do that."

I was smiling the entire time he spoke, and his beautiful words dripped like honey. Smooth and sweet. "To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."

"Wilde." He nods and now we're both smiling wide. He kisses me again and we murmur I love you's against each other's lips.

My favorite waitress and old friend, Marie, took our order and we both got vanilla coffees. Another reason I loved this place was because of the little things it had. Each table always had a different stack of old literature and poetry. Harry and I read each one and discussed which we loved most and how we interpreted them, up until Marie announced that they were closing.

I sighed as I got up to toss my cup in the trash, Harry following behind. Mauricio was outside and we walked hand in hand, arms swinging.

We drove to the hotel in comfortable silence, Harry watching the city and me watching him.