Chapter 5: Fighting

Start from the beginning

"But those roles are lame!" Kion roared, jumping from his father's paws.

"Hey! Be grateful that you're a prince like I am, Kion!" Kopa yelled, jumping off of his father and getting into his brother's face.

"So?"

"So?! You and Kiara will still have a title as a prince and princess while I am a King! You're still royal for Pete's sake!"

"Just shut up, Kopa!" Kion thundered. "So help me I'm gonna-"

"I would like to see you try! After all, you're just too small to fight me!" Kopa taunted.

Kion growled then extended his claws and swiped Kopa on the face, making four claw marks. Kopa winced but he wiped the blood from his face and growled at his younger brother. "Oh, you've just made a mistake there, little brother!" Kopa hissed before leaping at his younger brother. Kion simply dodged out of the way and jumped on Kopa's back, sinking his small teeth into his left ear, making him yelp in pain.

"OWWWW, KION! GET OFF OF ME!" Kopa shrieked. "DAD! GET HIM OFF OF ME!"

"KION, STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" Simba roared, picking up his youngest cub by the scruff and making him let go of Kopa's ear. Simba then placed Kion away from his brother as the young cub tried to charge at him again.

"Kion, go back to pride rock right now! You're in big trouble!" Simba told his youngest son who gave Kopa a hard glare and running back towards his home. He knew he would be in more trouble for starting a fight with his brother. As he kept running, he frowned hard. "Puh, who does Kopa think he is?' He thought, "I want to rule with him, not being a second-in-command!' As soon as he made it towards pride rock, he had accidentally bumped into Zira who was walking from hunting a gazelle.

"Whoa there, young prince. Why are you in such a hurry?" Zira asked.

"It's my brother!" Kion seethed, "He gets on my nerves too many times and I'm just sick of it!"

"Is that so? Oh, I feel sorry for you, dear." Zira said, petting the cub on the head.

"Yeah! And I wish he can disappear for once!"

"Must this all end in violence?"

"YES!"

Zira was taken aback by the cub's tone. Nobody had yelled at her except for her father and sometimes Scar yelled at her during his reign, "My goodness. You must have a big fight did you?"

"YES. I. DID!" Kion yelled.

"Now, now, don't be angry, child. Do you want to become King so bad?" She asked.

"Well... Yeah. But only the eldest cub in the royal family gets the throne." Kion tells her, sadly.

"Those traditions are for weaklings like Simba and Mufasa anyways," Zira commented.

Kion was offended by Zira's comments towards his father and grandfather, "Don't you talk about my dad and grandfather like that! Who do you think you are?" He growled, glaring at the lioness.

"Why I'm Scar's devoted mate," Zira said, rubbing Kion's head with her paw. "And, I can help you become King if you like."

"Really?" Kion asked, shaking his head. "But, I don't wanna kill Kopa or my dad. I don't wanna end up like Scar."

"That's how Mufasa died. Haven't your parents told you about Scar killing Mufasa to become King?" Zira asked, raising her eyebrow. Kion nodded before Zira continued, "And, the only way you can become King is to Kill both Simba and that brat of a brother you have."

Kion thought about that for a second. Killing his father and brother? That was wrong in many ways. He could end up hurting his mother and sister's feelings and the whole pride will be angry and upset. Apart from him wanted to accept Zira's offer and the other part wanted him to be a good cub and not hurt anyone. He and Kopa hardly get along well and he was tired of him teasing and rubbing the King title in his face. And some of the other cubs in the pride teases and bullies him except for Kiara and Kopa. They have better futures than him and he felt like an outcast to the pride. At least he has his other friends, Bunga, Ono, Fuli, and Beshte to have his back and comfort him when he needs them. Kion then looked up at Zira and made up his mind, "Fine, I accept your offer."