Chapter 5: Dreamers World

The nightmares again, always the same thing; the glass dome shattering and snow piling into the hotel, what does it mean? I lie in bed looking at the roof and outline with my eyes the carvings along where the wall meets the roof, waves with sailboats, men and women dancing, and other things of beauty. The clock rings and I press the button. Eight o’clock and I am already awake, I should get some rest it was a tough first day. My father came barging into my room.

          “Get dressed quickly; we are going to go to the fairgrounds.” Even though today was supposed to be a day of fun, he still had a stern tone to his voice. The fairgrounds were just like the old ones, no holographic characters, no plastic plants, and no fake rides. It was designed by one of the well known ones, I can’t remember the name but this one is called, “Dreamers World.” I climb from the bed and jumped into the shower, the warm marble floor made the air warm as the water dripped down my body. A touchpad lined the wall with a few buttons that control soaps and the temperature of the water shines making the dark glass steam and overflow into the marble room. I press a button marked with the word shampoo and a small dispenser shoots out from the wall and once I place my hand under it and some squirts into the palm of my hand. I scrub it into my hair and then the shower cut off, father must want to keep his fifteen minute rule. I wrap a towel around me and step out of the shower and walk over to the sink and pull out the chord that shoots out water. I lay my head down and start to rinse out the soap and it floats down the drain to who knows where. I rub my eyes and wipe the steam from the mirror and fix my hair and brush my teeth, the mirror steams over a couple times but I am able to see myself. One of the workers walks into my room and hands me a brand new suit, not as fancy as my others but it must be for some outings like today. She smiles and brings in a tray of breakfast, bacon and eggs.

          “Thank you...” I looked down at her name tag, “Rose.” She brushed back her cherry blonde hair and smiled,

          “You’re welcome Mr. Evans.” She nodded and walked out of my room, she couldn’t be older than eighteen, and she is giving out food to the rich. My door shut quietly and I could hear the squeaky cart inch down the hall. I pulled on my suit and walked into the hallway and then to the elevator,

          “Hold the elevator!” a teenager called from the hall, he had dark brown hair eyes to match, he was wearing a black suit and a large watch. “Thanks man.” He shook my hand by grabbing it.

          “Yea no problem.” My voice shook as he shook my hand.

          “Im Benjamin, or Ben, I don’t care what people call me.” He smiled just as big as Sassy does and he finally let go. I pressed the one button and it started to go down until we stopped on the seventeenth floor where a woman with two little girls stepped inside.

          “Morning Mr. Evans.” She smiled and the two girls waved to me.

          “Morning.” I smiled back and backed into the corner, I don’t think a glass elevator should hold many more people, it is only enough for fifteen people, and it was stopping more and more now, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen…then we land on the first floor. I let out a relived sigh, the man and woman from the tenth floor exit first, then the three from floor thirteen, one from fifteen, three from sixteen, the woman and her girls, Benjamin and I exit last.

          “Are you going to the fairgrounds today?” Benjamin said with a smile when we walked over to a couch where my family and a few others stood, all dressed in dresses and suits.

          “Yea with my family, what about you?” I looked over as he stood with a very tall man and a short woman,

          “Yes Im going with my family too, we should hang out.” I cocked my eyebrow, what does he want, money? Well he already has money since he lives on the thirtieth floor. I was thinking of some of the reasons he would want to but I simply nodded. I look to my mother and father and they are connected arm in arm.

          “Is everyone here?” my father calls with his rough voice and my mother calls out the list of names.

          “Is the Frost family here?” Benjamin’s family raises their hands and my mother puts a check by their name. “Culpepper family here?” a large family with five kids the oldest being about my age maybe older, her light hair almost white tucked into a bun wraps around her head. “Cloepin family here?” a man raises his hand and a girl younger than I crosses her arms and taps her foot, she is the only girl out of the group wearing pants, a black shirt and pants, she must be a Goth, her black hair cut in odd lengths and a nose ring like a bull. My mother checked both family names. “Lastly is the Night family here?” I groan as Paige and Jasper smirk at me and their mother and father raise their hands.

          “All adults will stay together, along with the kids ten and younger; teenagers will stay in a group.” I groan once again having to stay with Paige and Jasper for an entire day, maybe I will just stay with the other teens and avoid them.

          “Are we ready to go now?” my mother says with a smile and everyone follows close behind my father outside. It has gotten a little colder since yesterday but it feels nice. Benjamin’s family is right behind mine and we get piled into separate cars, adults in one limo, and teenagers in the second, the little kids with the adults.

          “Ugh Axel why did you come?” Jasper rolls his eyes as he pours some water into a Champaign glass.

          “Because my father was the one who rented out the fairgrounds today, that’s why.” I take a bottle of water and take a sip.

          “Cant we all just get along?” the girl with white hair says.

          “You stay out of this Regina!” Paige shouts from the front of the limo.

          I roll my eyes; already Jasper and Paige are trying to start something, well now I know her name is Regina.

          “So Axel, your dad owns the hotel, that’s cool.” The Goth girl puts on a smile. “Im Pinkey, Pinkey Cloepin.” I shake her hand.

          “Pinkey? Are you serious?” I cock my eyebrow.

          “Yes…have a problem with it?” she glares at me and cracks her knuckles.

          “No I just wouldn’t think that would be your name.”

          “That’s what most people say.” She looks at Jasper and then looks away. I could see the top of the biggest rollercoaster behind the trees, we must be getting close it wont be long now. So today I have met: Benjamin, Regina, and Pinkey. I will stick with them, Paige and Jasper can go fall off a cliff for all I care. We passed the old sign with some missing letters and we passed by the entrance. We had arrived at Dreamers World.A few rides were being tested and the workers dressed in red and white stood at each place. The limos parked in the empty parking lot and both of them piled out and we stood at the main entrance. The little kids jumped up and down and started pulling the parents toward the ticket booth, we got a stamp on our arm and we walked into the park. Smells of candy, and other delicious things invaded our noses.

          “Ok Kids have fun and meet back here around… seven o’clock.” My father said sternly. The little kids ran to Dragons Paradise and jumped on the rides, as for me and my group, we ran to the rollercoaster, Fireball. No lines or anything we just jumped in and off we went, the red tracks sped past us as we went loop after loop, screaming laughing and Paige crying (which made me laugh harder) this day will be a blast!Once the ride was over Paige and Jasper used the same trashcan to throw up in, guess they don’t like rollercoaster’s. We decided to go through the haunted house, Pinky walked through like it was nothing, and was out in two minutes, the rest of us took five minutes. I am pretty sure Jasper peed his pants; he went to the gift shop and got another pair. I am loving this day.“Cant we just go see the animals?” Paige said her face still a little pale.

          “No, I want to go on the tilt-a-whirl!” Benjamin cried out pointing to the ride.

          “We are going to do everything, lets go on these rides first.” I pointed to the other rollercoaster, and the freefall ride.

          “Im not going on either of those!” Paige screams

          “Ok, you can just wait here.” I snort and get into one of the seats for Freefall, Paige is not going to ruin my day.