Chapter 2: Sassy

“Why don’t you watch were your going!” I scream out rubbing my arm, I must have burned it on the carpet. She looked sad; she was the one who yelled first.

          “Im sorry, my name is Sassy.” She smiles adjusting her white dress. Her hair was a light golden blonde and she had on a ring that seemed kind of manly.

“It was my grandpa’s, he died three years ago, and it has his ashes inside it.”

“How old was he?” I smile looking at her perfect white teeth.

          “Eighty five, the normal age for the elders.” She looks away and stands up, she looked down the hall as the elevator doors opened, her eyes widened and she pulled my up by the hand, she had a grip just like my father.

          “Wait my luggage!” I scream as I was being pulled down the hall right in front of a swarm of anxious people wanting to see their rooms.

“Down here.” She pulled me to the stairs but another large group was running up the stairs, “Crap!” she ran into the hall again and pushed me into a opening of a narrower hall, enough for a person to walk through.

“We will be safe here until the place dies down.”

          “Why are we here?” I cock my eyebrow, we were so close together and we had just met.

          “Hiding from a claw, you know what those are right?”

I had never heard someone just come out and say their group name. The claws were a group of mutated humans who instead of having fingernails have silver spikes that shoot out from their fingertips, legend has it that is you meet up with one it takes one slice with their hand to kill you, but obviously they aren’t around to be telling the story.

          “You have seen one?” I gulp

          “Yes they are in the hotel, I have seen two of them.” Her face was so serious; she must be telling the truth. Her hand shoots over my mouth; she pushed me into a hole into the side of the wall. A man with muscles like my dad walked into the hallway, he had on black pants, a dark blue shirt and sunglasses. His hair was a dark brown that swooped around his face. I looked over to Sassy who seemed worried; he must be one of the ones she saw.

          “Where are you girl?” his voice boomed with each word, he walked past the hole and seemed like he was going to cross into the next hallway. I heard a noise; his boots must have stomped down on something. This hole we were in was the garbage chute, and we were shooting down thirty floors to our death.

          “What did you do?” I scream as we fall down more.

          “Nothing!” she yells just as loud, w must be nearing the bottom now and before I could blink we were swinging back and forth in a net.

          “They must not have activated the chute yet, we need to climb out.” She looks around before standing up holding onto the wall. “Im going to get on your shoulders hen Im going to pull you up ok?” she smiles and then starts to climb up onto me.

          “When did I agree to this?” I puff out when she hits me in the stomach.

          “You did when I started climbing.” She smiled down to me and grabbed onto a ledge of another hole for garbage to drop into. She hoisted herself into the hole and didn’t come back for a while.

          “Sassy?” I looked up and took a step back falling onto the netting. Sassy poked her blonde head out into the garbage chute.

          “Yes? Is everything all right?” she smiles tossing down some rope. I roll my eyes and start to climb the rope it burned my hands a little but I ignored the pain, my father can do worse sometimes. I pulled myself into the hole and climb out.

          “What floor are we on?” I look around this was not as nice as the thirtieth floor, it looked much more compacted and the hallways and doors were closer together.

          “The second floor, we are lucky that the net was there. We could have been crushed into dust in seconds.” She walked over to one of the elevators and pressed the arrow pointing up, “What floor?” the elevator dinged and I stepped inside the thirty was glowing its golden yellow once I pressed it.

          “Thirty.” I look over to her and she meets my eyes, her eyes were like two pools of blue that sparkled in the light. Her face started to turn a light shade of red as did mine, I look away as the elevator shoots up.

          “Look at this place, its so beautiful!” she squeals as she presses her face up against the elevator wall looking as the chandelier passes us.

          “Five thousand crystals made that.” I look down at the lobby so many people still rushing around admiring their new home, our new home.

          “How do you know that? Are you the owner’s son or something?” she laughed out as she hit me in the shoulder.

          “Well, I am his son.” I glance back to her when the doors open, “This is my stop.” I step out.

          “Mine too.” She steps out along with me, “What is your room number?”

          “A, as in Axel.” I start to walk around the halls.

          “Mine is room thirty J.” she follows close beside me, her dress was smudged a little from the fall, but not badly.

          “You have some stuff on your face.” I hand her my handkerchief, “On your cheek.” She wipes it off and tucks the handkerchief in between her hands.

          “Thanks Axel, where is your room exactly?” I point to the end of the hall.

          “Around the corner and to the end.” I look around as a man and woman rush around us with their child that looked about seven, she was holding onto a small backpack in one hand and a glass doll with a blue dress in the other hand.

          “You have to walk a long way just to get to your door, wow that sucks.” We turn the corner and I can see the gleaming A marked on the door. My luggage was sitting in front of the door; someone must have read the tag on the bags and dropped them off at my room.

          “There it is.” I smirk pulling the key card from my pocket, I slide the card into the slot and the red light turns green and a slight beep.

          “May I come inside, just to see what it looks like?” she picked up one of the smaller of my bags and swings it over her back.

          “I guess that would be ok.” I pick up the other two bags and walk into my room. The walls were a light brown color almost like coffee with cream in it, the bed sheets were a fuzzy covering that had many different patches that faded into the sheets, and the doors were a light brown color like the walls. “Just put the bag on the-“ her hands cupped around my face and her warm lips joined mine, Sassy the girl whom I just met, has kissed me.