Part 33 - Arcana Hanged Man

On the afternoon of October 21st, Takuya was walking around Paulownia Mall when he bumped into a slightly older teen girl.

"Shit, my bad ma'am." Takuya apologized, the woman he bumped into looked at him slightly annoyed.

"Ma'am? How old do you think I am?" She asked with a frustrated tone.

"I dunno, you seem around my age." he answered plainly.

"Whatever." She said with a scoff "You should watch where you're going next time."

"Yeah, I read you loud and clear." Takuya replied sarcastically, he started to walk away and make his way towards the Velvet Room door when she placed a hand on his shoulder to catch his attention.

"What is it?" Takuya asked trying not to give away that he was annoyed.

"You can't just bump into a girl like that and walk away like it's nothing." she said in response, he rolled his eyes in response to this "What do you want me to do about it?"

"I dunno." She replied back "Look, I'm not actually mad at you." he looked at her confused "Then why?" he asked.

"Because..." She hesitated "I'm kinda lonely, okay." Takuya couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey! It's not funny!" she shouted at him with a stomp of her foot.

"Okay..." he tried to calm down his laughing "I'm sorry, it's just kind of funny to me."

"Just hang out with me for a bit, okay." she requested, he rolled his eyes but let out a chuckle.

"What's in it for me?" Takuya asked with a smirk, now it was her turn to roll her eyes.

"I'm not going to be your girlfriend or anything weird like that." She replied.

"Relax, I have a girlfriend." Takuya responded, she gained a devious smile.

"Don't scare me like that." she groaned which made him laugh in response. "What's so funny?" she asked with one eyebrow raised and her hands on her hips.

"Nothing, it's just...your voice." Takuya said while still chuckling. "It reminds me of a friend of mine. Anyway, we should get going."

Takuya decided to take this girl into Club Escapade, he got a favor from Tatsuya who accompanied him and the girl inside which basically gave them easy access. The three of them were seated in a fairly roomy section of the club, the seats were comfortable and gave them a good view of the dancefloor and nearby bar. While the dancefloor had plenty of people dancing away, the bar only had like two or three people sitting at it.

"Now I can't under good faith let either of you drink." Tatsuya explained "As long as that's understood, I don't mind letting you two hang out here with me."

"It's appreciated, Tatsuya." Takuya replied.

"So who is your friend?" Tatsuya asked while pointing to the dark-haired girl next to him "I've met your girlfriend and this lady ain't it." he added with a chuckle.

"Just some lonely girl who paid to have me hang out with her." Takuya joked.

"Hey! Don't tell people crap like that!" she shouted in response before slapping him on the head, he reacted to this by laughing.

"Seriously though, she was just some girl I bumped into." Takuya explained "And I decided since I wasn't doing anything else, why not?"

"I see." Tatsuya said "That makes sense." he cupped his own chin inquisitively "Can't say I'm exactly a stranger to odd people, all things considered."