20| WHY IS SHE A PUPPET?

[ Chapter Twenty ]

❝Do you like pushing people away who try to care about you, John?❞

[Legends of To-Meow-Meow]

>> >> >>

Once they got to the Bureau, Charlie went into the Bureau alone, and John and Myra stayed inside the jumpship. Myra knew she had to stay behind because John and Charlie both didn't trust her but Myra honestly was tired of fighting John and Charlie on this.

"What's happening? Talk to me, love? Is everything normal?" John asked over the comns as Myra sat in the captain's chair with her feet on the screen.

"No. In fact things are actually pretty far from normal." Charlie responded.

"What do you mean?" Myra asked through her comn.

"Nate, Ray and Rory are dead in this timeline." Charlie said.

"What?" Myra stood up and began to pace the jumpship.

"No reason to panic. We still got this. Okay, we find out how the boys died in this timeline and then we go back and save them, and hopefully when they return they won't be magical creature murderers." Charlie said.

"Hopefully." Myra emphasized.

"We're not going back to New Orleans, Myr. We can do this." Charlie argued

"Fine whatever." Myra sighed, and sat down next to John who was sitting with Zari.

"What happened to them?" Charlie's voice came over the comns.

"Who?" Myra asked.

"Sara and Ava." Charlie said, "Okay, if anyone knows what happened to the guys, it will be them. Hang tight on the ship. Looks like I'm joining the S.O.S."

"Good luck." Myra said and then turned to John as the comns went silent.

"Look, I know you want me to put things back to the way they were." John said, "But that's not going to bloody happen."

"Stop being so stubborn." Myra glared at him and then sighed, "Look, I understand that you don't want to hurt him. But, time is literally broken. Look at what it's done to everyone."