40| NERON TAKES OVER A FRIEND

[ Chapter Forty ]

❝I know I'm better with a sword, Nate, but you're really underestimating my abilities.❞

[Egg MacGuffin]

>> >> >>

The ship was eerily quiet when Nate and Myra stepped back on it.

"We should split up." Nate told her.

Myra raised an eyebrow at her best-friend, "You know that's how people die in horror movies."

"This isn't a horror movie, Myr." Nate rolled his eyes.

"It sure looks like one." Myra said, looking around the dimly lit ship as the two walked down the corridor.

"Okay it is weirdly quiet but Ray's probably just working." Nate shrugged, "And we'll find him faster if we just split up."

"Fine, but if I die, I told you so." Myra said before walking off in the opposite direction of Nate.

Everytime the ship was this quiet, Myra knew something bad was going to happen. Myra peered into Ray's room, hoping that he was just in there and was actually cleaning like he said he was, but the room was empty.

Myra peered into several other rooms, but there was no sign of him anywhere. A loud clattering sounded from the direction of the galley and Myra's eyes widened before she broke into a run.

When Myra emerged in the doorway of the galley she saw Nate on the ground and Ray punching him.

"Ray, get the hell off of him" Myra yelled and without hesitation raced towards Ray and tackled him to the ground.

Unfortunately for her, Ray was larger than her and he easily got up and pushed her to the ground. Myra rolled away before standing up.

"No. You can't fight him, Myra! He's possessed by Neron." Nate yelled, struggling to get up from the ground.

Myra's eyes widened and she cleared her throat, "Ray. I know you're in there. You can fight him."

"I'm trying." Ray yelled as he lunged for Myra.

Myra sidestepped him before taking a running leap and kicking him in the chest.