Chapter 14: Apologies and a Wedding

There was only a day left to get everything in place for the upcoming wedding. I already had my dress and shoes along with Alec's suit in the closet at the cottage where we both spent as much time as we could together. I was out on a hunt to clear my head. I looked up and caught sight of Edward. I chose to ignore him and finished off the deer I had caught before getting out of my crouch and started to walk away.

"Alexis, wait." Edward said. I froze as I heard the sadness in his voice. I kept my back to him as he continued. "I wanted to apologize for the way I treated you when you came back to the house. I understand now that you reacted in defense after Bella said what she did. I also wanted to thank you for coming back to protect her."

"The only reason I did what I did was because we've all been the soulless monster. We've all been murderers at one point or another, Edward. Not everyone is strong enough for the animal diet." I tell him not bothering to face him.

"I know. Both Alice and Alec talked to me a few days ago. I just had to get the courage to come talk to you. I am sorry and I know that we may never have the same relationship we had before the family split up, but I do miss talking to my little sister."

I finally turned to face him. "Did you mean what you said the day I lost control?" I questioned as the venom built up behind my eyes. I had learned that I could cry if I was using Luna's gift but luckily I haven't had to use it since I wasn't in La Push.

"No. I said it in a fit of anger." Edward said before I rushed at him and tackled him in a hug. "Does this mean I'm forgiven?"

"Not completely. I'm just glad that I can let go of the anger." I tell him as I help him up. "Now I believe Alice needs you for something. And I need to go get Alec out of Alice's clutches."

The two of us race back to the Cullen household. I smirked as Alice yelled at Edward. I looked around trying to find Alec when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. "Hello il mio compagno incantevole. Did you have a good hunt?"

I nodded and leaned into his embrace. "Hey Alice did you get the contacts?" I asked my sister.

"Yes. There on your bed in your room." She replies back before she's off in a vision. "The Denali's will be here in a couple hours if you want to stay."

"No. I think we'll head back to the cottage." I replied to her quickly before I ran through the house and grabbed the box of colored contacts off my bed before I was back in Alec's embrace again for a moment. I grabbed Alecs hand as I waved bye to Bella as we walked off into the forest and toward the cottage.

"Why didn't you want to stay and see your cousins?" Alec asked when we were far enough from the Cullen's.

"I had to be the one to tell Irina that Laurent -the nomad that was with James and Victoria- was dead because he tried to kill Bella. Of course I couldn't just rush into the meadow and pull him away, so I had to imitate a howling wolf before he ran off and I caught him." I told him. I hated lying to him but even I knew that the Volturi couldn't know of the pack. He stays silent as we walk the rest of the way in silence.

I placed the box of contacts on the table before checking my phone. Ever since I returned from Volterra I had avoided Vladimir and Stefan. They continued to keep me updated on how they were doing though, even though I never replied back. I knew Carlisle was the one who kept them updated about me. I sighed sadly.

"You should call them. I know you miss them and that you haven't gone to see them since before everything happened. They are still a part of who you are." Alec said from the other side of the room. I looked at him and contemplated how the conversation would go.