Chapter 5: Secrets Are Out

I sprung up from the bed in a huge panic. My body was all sweaty, and my heart was pounding.
"What is going on? Was I dreaming?" I thought.
I puzzedly placed my hand on my forehead and got up from bed. I didn't exactly know what time or day it was, so I made sure to glance at the clock. It read, 10:14am.

It seemed like it should be the next day, normal right? Not really. I could feel when something was off, and boy was I feeling it now.

I decided to go with it and pretend like I felt fine. I put on my favorite fuzzy slippers and peeked out my door. I could hear my mom downstairs cooking breakfast. I couldn't help but to smell the deliciousness of bacon and waffles. My watering mouth led me downstairs to where I was looking at the sight of the kitchen.

"Morning honey," my mom said cheerfully.
"Hey."
"What's got you in this mood?" she asked while waving a spatula in my face.
"I'm just a little tired, nothing really."
Reaching across the room, "Hmm.. I think I know how to fix this," my mom picked up the phone. She punched in a few digits and it rang.

*Ring Ring Ring*

"Hello," said a voice as it broke over the phone.
"Calvin? Is that you? It's Alyce's mother."
"Oh! Why hello."
"Alyce needs some help with her homework today, want to stop by? I'll make lunch!"
("Mom! I don't need help, I can do it myself just fine," Alyce embarassly whispered.)
"Ah of course, I can help Alyce. I will be getting ready and heading over soon."
"Thanks Cal!"

*Hangs Up*

"MOM! What was that?" Alyce yelled.
"What honey? I think I can call him Cal. He seemed to like it," she said playfully.
"Stop embarassing me. Just pick us up some lunch or something."
"Oh whatever, I have a meeting to be at anyways."

I sat down on the sofa and waited for Calvin to get here. My mom left for her meeting and left the house to us. I turned on the TV and scrolled through movies. "Where are all the Vampire movies?" I thought.
Just then, I heard a knock on the door. I got up and glanced in the mirror to check my hair. I fixed my skirt, and opened the door.

"Alyce! Hey!" Calvin cheerfully said, while leaning in to hug me.
"Hey. Hurry in, we have to talk," I said while I pulled him inside and slammed the door.
He looked at me and said, "What's going on?"
"I had a weird dream last night. I think it means something," I told him.
"Explain," he said.
"I was in a really dark room.. But I wasn't alone. Something grabbed my shoulder. I swear it felt so real, I can still remember the touch. Then, it spoke to me. It said to go away."
"Alyce," Calvin interrupted.
"Next, I flipped on the lightswitch."
"Alyce."
"I saw something, and I can never forget it," I told him.
"Alyce!" he yelled.
"What Calvin," I yelled back.

"You saw me."

I sat there. Stunned. Confused. Scared. "What do you mean?" I asked while my eyes filled with tears.

"Alyce I can explain," he said while gripping my hands.
I shed a tear while I looked up at him.

"Alyce. Please."
"Explain," I said quietly while trying to hold back the tears.

"Look... I know I haven't told you everything. Last night you saw something I tried hiding. You are different, and I am going to be honest with you. Please just trust me and listen," he begged while looking at me.
"Okay."

"I don't know how else to say it, but..
I am a Vampire."