Chapter Eight: The Promise

Harry's POV:

I sat at the Gryffindor table with Hermione, Ron, Fred and George during lunch. Ron and Hermione were talking about Merlin knows what. While George starred over at Rhiannon, who sat with Pansy, Viktor, Blaise and Draco.

"Why not ask her out already?" Ron asked George while stuffing his mouth.

"Ronald!" Hermione snapped.

"Why would a Slytherin like her want to go out with a Gryffindor like me?" George asked, while owls swooped in with letters. I noticed Sirius's and Remus's owls right off the bat. Remus's owl stopped at Rhiannon and dropped a letter in her mashed potatoes. I swear that is all that girl ever eats. I hardly ever she her eat anything else during lunch or dinner.

"What does Sirius have to say?" Ron asked. I shrugged and took the letter off the owl's leg.

Dear Harry,

Give my best to Rhiannon. I have attached a letter for her if you would be so kind as to give it to her.

I looked at the owl's other leg and took the letter off and sat it aside.

Harry, my dear boy, I would have given it to her myself however I don't know if she would take it from my owl since I overreacted the other day about her and Severus. Please be careful on your first task.

With love,

Sirius.

Rhiannon's POV:

I watched as my godfather's owl left back the way it came. I wondered if my father told him anything. I ripped open my letter and read it.

Dearest Rhiannon,

I hope this letter finds you well. Your father has told me that you have something to tell me. Please tell me whatever it is that you are not pregnant. I don't know if I can take it. Please write back soon. Your father has also told me about you being in the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Please tell me all about it.

With love,

Remus

I smiled weakly at the letter. I was happy that my father was going to let me be the one to tell him about my feelings for Severus. I looked over at Harry as he held up a letter to me. I looked at him crossly and figured he had received a letter from my father and he had a letter for me too. I nodded and got up from my seat in between Draco and Viktor and walked over to Harry.

"Why would the owl bring both to you?" I questioned.

"In my letter he told me that he didnt know if you would take his letter or not after how he reacted to you know what." Harry answered. I nodded.

"Rhiannon, can I ask you something?" George asked nervously. I nodded. "Would you like to go out with me. Like on a date?" I thought for a moment and remembered the promise I made Severus. I had to try with someone else. I had to both prove that I tried and keep myself safe. I looked up at the High Table and noticed both Igor Karkaroff and Severus were starring at me. I nodded to Severus and gave Igor a death glare.

"You know what George, I would love to. How about we go on a date the next time we go to Hogsmeade?" I replied as he nodded with a big smile on his face.

"I thought y...." Harry began, but I interrupted him.

"I will explain later during Care of Magical Creatures." I smiled, leaving them all confused. I sat back down in between Draco and Viktor and waited for lunch to end. I had Double Potions after lunch with Severus and I was half dreading it half excited. I had the Care of Magical creatures with Harry after Double Potions so luckily I could explain, maybe, during that class. I'm sure Hagrid wouldn't mind.