. . . . . . ┊⿻ ᥴhᥲρtᥱr 4

❝ 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨
𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐠 𝐦𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲. ❞

lots of credit of both this chapter and book goes to Driifish

𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

riding horses had never really been something that he liked. he preferred to walk, he liked the feeling of walking. the way the ground felt under his smooth boots, the sounds of thuds or taps when they made contact with it, and more importantly he didn't feel like the wind was slapping him in the face.

and another important fact, on normal occasions he didn't have a demon like creature floating beside him, constantly mocking him and giving him ideas no one should even be thinking of.

"that blonde boy, why do you even care about him? he's just an annoying little shit. you've said so yourself! the only thing he has caused is pain and misery." the demon taunted, its voice practically echoing within his head. he slowed down the horse's pace so it was walking instead of running. he shook his head, ignoring the demon's words. he pulled out a book, a journal really, and distracted himself by writing in it with a pen.

"no... stop it..."
he muttered.
"you know I'm right!! if it weren't for that boy you'd still be in power! if it weren't for that boy you would've won that election, you'd have full control of the situation! you wouldn't have had to call an American to come and help, you wouldn't have had to live off of potatoes and live underground. if it weren't for that boy... you wouldn't have had to leave him."
the human completely frozen up, the pen in his right hand snapping in half. cocoa brown eyes flashing with regret, but also... anger. he thought about it. the demon was right.

if it weren't for that stupid boy he could've had his happy ending. if it weren't for tommy, he could've had a loving boyfriend by now, he could've been the rightfully owner of Manburg ─ L'manburg ─ and he would've been the one in control. the one making commands, the one everyone worships and prays too, the one who makes everyone laugh and smile. but instead, all he had now was a broken pen, a few journals, a pig-hybrid, barely a home, only potatoes as food and that God-forsakem child as his friend. brother.

he could've gone to philza. but why would he? philza would blame him for this. 'you gotta understand he didn't mean to.' 'try to think of his point of view.' 'he's just a child.'