two

31

     31.12.2O2O | 11:O6 PM    

The then decorated Christmas tree was now just a piece of show, resting at the corner of the living room in the dorm the seven boys resided in.

Chenle gawked at Donghyuck– who was cooking a midnight meal for all of them with Jaemin– and sighed.

"What is Donghyuck hyung up to?" Chenle asked, recalling their movie night and the 'another level of dark room' promise made by him.

"He's probably bluffing. You know how Donghyuck is," Jisung retorted, dodging the cringe honorifics like he dodges his maths classes.

"I think someone is shitting about me, I'm getting hiccups," Donghyuck said rather loudly, shutting the two younger ones up as they continue to gain heat from the warm lit-up fireplace.

"Dinner is ready!" Jaemin shouted from the kitchen, walking out towards the dining table, neatly placing the pot of hot ramen on top of it.

The other three boys– Mark, Renjun, and Jeno– walked out of their respective rooms, seating themselves in front of the delicious feast made by Jaemin and Donghyuck.

They all settled on their seats, chopsticks already on their hands, ready to dig in. Nobody mentions it but they all had lingering memories of Donghyuck's plans for new year's eve.

"Bon appetite!"

While they all were busy stuffing their mouths with food, Chenle was poking the food in his face, his expressions hesitant.

"What's wrong with you?" Jeno asked noticing Chenle's barely emptied plate.

"Uhm so. . . Donghyuck hyung, tell us what you've planned," Chenle trailed, totally ignoring Jeno's words to which the boy scoffed in disbelief.

"Yeah, right. The supposedly 'amazing' plan of yours," Renjun rolled his eyes wryly for even believing any of Donghyuck's bullshits.

Donghyuck was basically a trouble maker and there were no exceptions that he was just messing around with them right now.

"Not now guys, I'll tell you after the dinner," Donghyuck his head dramatically, like he's lecturing his grandchildren for stealing a bar of chocolate.

Everyone stole chocolates when young, right?

Out came a loud whine from Chenle as he basically pleaded with his eyes, "Oh c'mon hyung, please tell us."

Jisung seconded with his best friend, "Right. Please— hyung," He could swear he cringed so hard, he got goosebumps all over his body.