Chapter 8: Flipping Crowns (Mirrors )

"Aren't you so hexcited to dance the night away with Apple?" Hopper asked as he knotted his bowtie, getting his finger stuck between two of the loops. Daring didn't respond, instead, he just stared at himself in the mirror. After a moment he sighed and laid the picture of Apple White down on its face.

    "Dude!" Hopper stared at him with wide eyes. "Are you flipping your crown?!" He attempted to wave his arms about but ended up just flopping the entangled one. Frowning down at his finger, he tugged it desperately.

    Daring flopped down on his bed. "I don't know." He sighed. A loud THUD came from behind him. Daring turned to see Hopper peering up from the floor, his hand successfully dislodged.

    "What do you mean you don't know?" He said, picking himself off the floor. "You are either Royal or you're Rebel, and saying no to Apple makes you a Rebel."

    "Certain... events... and new feelings... have made me question things." Daring tossed his handheld mirror across the room, it hit the wall and filled the room with the sound of cracking glass. "I don't know." He repeated. He hadn't meant to throw the mirror, but the confusion building inside him had turned to frustration, and he had to let it out.

    Hopper's face filled with fear. With a POOF, he turned into a small, polite, frog. "Well, my good sir, you must figure this out quickly. I do not wish to clean up broken glass every few minutes." And with that, he hopped out of the room.

    "You're right." Daring mumbled to himself. "I need to make a decision." He stood with a determined look on his face. He knew what his choice was.