chapter 5; twilight's last gleaming

jasper's pov

"-sper wake up!" i groan out of disagreement. that was monty's voice, what does he want? i thought we were stopping these late night gazing at stars and drinking moonshine. it's really taking a toll on my sleeping schedule.

suddenly i felt cold, like something was ripped off me. i opened my eyes much to my dismay and was greeted with an urgent looking monty and victoria, both holding the blanket that was draped on me and a now standing victoria. they were both wide eyed, and looked tired as well.

"what?" i asked, confused while stretching

"you could sleep though a fucking tornado oh my god, jasp!" victoria exclaimed throwing the blanket back on me after monty dropped it to go outside. "something, like a small ship, is about to crash near us. everybody is waiting outside to see what it is." she went and gathered a couple things, like her shoes, glasses, my extra jacket. she checked her hair in the mirror, making sure she looked presentable. she looked down at the jacket

"there's no way i shrunk this much overnight. i know earth is magical but damn." she whispered to herself, examining the sleeves. i stood up in my bed and watched her.

"that's because it's mine," i said getting up putting on my shoes getting up from the bed and getting to ready to go outside "y-you can keep it though. i don't mind, it looks nice" i turned red and she flushed a light pink. not very noticeable unless you know how to make her blush. i give her a soft smile before walking out.

victoria's pov

i walk outside after jasper, since when did he become such a flirt? i met june outside and they looked at me, still tired.

"i hope you don't mind, but i slept with ginger tonight. she looked lonely without you" they stated, yawning.

i nodded in agreement, "i figured. i've been abandoning her recently." we walked to the big crowd, bellamy, shirtless walking out of his tent. how is he not freezing?

"there!" octavia shouts, pointing to the sky

"they're coming to help us." a guy assumes "now we can kick some grounder ass."

eh i don't think that's very smart, maybe if we just leave them alone we'll be safe. y'know, avoid conflict. everyone cheers in agreement with the guy.

"please tell me they brought down some shampoo." a girl comments, eyes staring at the sky coming out of bellamy's tent.

i nudge him on his shoulder and raise my eyebrows, getting him back for what he did yesterday. he rolled his eyes at me and gave me a small smile before turning to the sky. he looked worried, i'll be sure to ask him about that later.

bellamy ran into a tent with 3 other people and octavia. no way am i missing out on this. i rush inside, flash a smile and ask what's the plan.

"if it cleaned the ridge, it's probably near the lake." a guy states, looking at bellamy

"we should get moving, everyone's ready." octavia announces. i peek my head outside and realize she's right. everyone is gathered around the fire, sharpening weapons and talking excitedly.

"no ones going anywhere" bellamy demands. i whip my head around and look at him with my head turned. what is he thinking?

"what do you mean? there's probably supplies in there, and we need to get to it before somebody else does. it wasn't exactly quiet and it wasn't tiny either." i say back, my body fully in the tent, arms crossed looking at him.