Last chance, Connor

Start from the beginning

"You didn't tell me everything you know about deviants, did you?" The android continued.

"I expected you to find answers, Connor. Not ask questions." She said, her tone not changing.

"Your the only one who can prevent civil war." Amanda stepped closer to him. "Find the deviants, or there will be chaos. This is your last chance Connor."

"Your off the case. The FBI is taking over." Fowler said.

"What?!" Y/N and Hank said in unison, Connor looking over at them, concerned,

"What the fu- We're so close!" Y/N exclaimed.

"We...We just need more time. I'm sure we can-" Hank began, but Fowler interrupted him.

"You two don't get it. This isn't just another interrogation, it's a fucking Civil War! It's out of our hands now... We're talking about national security here!"

"Fuck that! You can't just pull the plug now, not when we're so close!" Hank responded, sharply.

"You're always saying you can't stand androids! Jesus, Hank. Make up your mind!" Fowler said. "I thought you'd be happy about this!"

"We're about to crack the case!" Hank leaned forward onto the desk. "I know we can solve it!"

"Please, Jeffery. Just a little more time!" Y/N said, almost begging.

Fowler shook his head. "There's nothing I can do...You two are back on homicide, and the android returns to Cyberlife."

Y/N's jaw dropped. "You can't just send him back! I mean-"

Fowler cut her off. "I'm sorry. Y/N. It's over."

Hank and Y/N stormed out of the office, Connor following.

Y/N dropped into her chair, crossing her arms. Connor joined them, sitting on Y/N's desk.

"We can't just give up like that..." Connor began. "I know we could've solved this case!"

"I know...But you heard Fowler... It's over..." Y/N said, in a defeated tone.

"So you're going back to Cyberlife?" Hank asked.

"I have no choice..." Connor said, looking down. "I'll be...deactivated and analyzed to find out why I failed..."

Y/N heart sunk. "That's bullshit.... They can't just destroy you...." She said, getting up from her chair.

Connor looked at her for a moment, before Hank started speaking.

"What if we're on the wrong side, Connor?" Hank asked. "What if we're fighting against people who just want to be free?'

"When the deviants rise up, there will be chaos..." Connor said, "We could've stopped it! But now it's too late." He said, looking at the ground again.

"When you refused to kill that android back at Kamski's place...." Hank started. " You put yourself in her shoes...You showed empathy Connor. Empathy is a human emotion."

Y/N smiled, and lightly bumped Connor's shoulder with her own. "he's right, you know."

"