I walked in the living room and leaned on the doorway. 

Him, Jameson, and King was sitting on the couch playing Call of Duty.

"Can I go to the rink tonight wit Alec and nem?" I questioned.

"Uh yeah. You been finishing that makeup work right?" He questioned not looking away from the tv.

"What you think I been doing all day?" I sighed.

"All right make sure you get home by eleven cause you got school tomorrow!" He warned.

"Bet that up." I made eye contact with King then I turned on my heel and walked up the stairs.

________________________________________________________________________________

At eight, Keem texted me saying they were on the way.

I got out my bed and took a quick shower and got dressed quickly.

Just as I was putting in my hoops, Reggie blew the horn.

"Well damn they don't come in and say hi or nothing." I rolled my eyes.

I went downstairs and nobody was there.

"I'm gone!" I yelled in case Malcolm was in his room.

"Ayo Kai hold up!" King came jogging up to me from the living room and wrapped his hand around my forearm.

"Wassup?" I questioned looking down at his hand.

"Where you bout to go?" He questioned.

"The rink." I answered almost smirking.

"Wit who? Them niggas from the scrap?" He frowned.

"Yeah. King wassup? Why you acting so concerned?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yo quit playing, I'm just asking." He deadpanned.

"If you must know, I am going with my friends. Thats all you need to know. Goodnight, King." I took my arm away from him and walked towards the door.

I walked out the door and got in Reggie's car.

"Ayyyy! Malcolm let yo ass out?!" Keem gave me a small side hug.

"Yep! I finished all my work too." I smiled.

"So I'm guessing King ain't tell him you snuck off to Ebony party?" Syrus gave me the side eye.

"Nope!" I sighed.

"Mhm, and why is that?" Alec turned to me.

"We kissed." I huffed.

Reggie slammed on brakes making us all jerk foward.

"God damn Reg thanks for the whip lash!" I shrieked rubbing my neck.

"You and King kissed?!" Keem was shocked.

"Yes! When he took me from the party we went to this lil secluded spot and we was talking and one thing led to another and we kissed." I explained.

"So he kissed you or you kissed him?" Alec quizzed.

"We both leaned in." 

"Who leaned in first?" Reggie shot another question out.

"He leaned in first and I met him half way." 

"Ohhhh somebody got a lil crush thang!" Keem joked.

"No I don't. According to him the kiss was a spur of the moment type thing and it meant nothing." I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Nah. Ain't no way I'm kissing one of best friends lil sister in the spur of the moment. He feeling you and he running from his emotions. Plus he know Malcolm don't play bout you so he must really got it bad if he risking getting killed over you" Syrus advised.

"So how do I get him to admit his feelings to me?" I looked at them all.

"You gotta act like you don't give a fuck about em. Act like the kiss never happened and do you, he'll wonder why you acting different and he'll come to you." Alec answered.

"This nigga a simp!" Reggie shouted making everybody laugh.

"Nah forreal tho Alec right. Act like you don't even care he exist. Swear you'll have that man sweatin." Keem winked.

This is why I loved having all guy friends. Because I date guys and they can help me read the room.

"But the real question is, how do you really feel bout him?" Alec asked as we pulled into the rink parking lot.

"I don't know the real King. I know the part he lets me see, so how can I really know if I like him if I've only seen one version." I responded truthfully.

"Here she go being all poetic and shit!" Reggie groaned.

We all laughed and headed inside the rink.