(9) Only you

Part 2 to 'Nobody but you', requested by the lovely Paulieeen

It's been about four months since the night at the party when Alex and I got together. It'd been going amazing, honestly.

This week was a little crazy because Alex and the rest of the Monkeys were being invited to parties and events left and right due to their new album being released.

I'd been going to some, staying home for some, but regardless, I knew what happened at every single one. Every one except one. Two nights ago. Alex, Miles, and the Monkeys had gone to a party near were the party were we had gotten together was at.

Alex came to my place like he usually does, and instead of telling me what had happened like usual, he didn't say anything. He just told me that it was like the rest. But something was... off. He seemed distant, like he was hiding something. He told me he was fine but, when he had said that, he left instead of staying, again as he routinely does.

I was left confused, but I was sure it was nothing. Tonight, there was another party. I wasn't going because I was swamped with university, but I stayed to wait for him until he left.

Currently, he was picking out his outfit. "What about this one?" He asked, holding up a white button up and gray trousers to his body.

I nodded. "I think you'll look handsome, as usual." He smiled and gave me a peck on the lips. "You're the best." I smiled and blushed, giving him another quick peck of appreciation.

"Oi, I'm gonna take a shower and be out in a sec alreyt?" I nodded again. He smiled and went to the bathroom in his room, soon turning on the shower.

Then I heard a buzz. I checked my phone, but it wasn't mine. I heard it again and saw it was Alex's phone. "Hey, you left your phone out here!" I called to him. "Just bring it in 'ere an' leave it on the counter!"

"Okay!" I didn't mean to pry, I really didn't, but his phone opened the messages. They read:

T.B:
Hey, had fun the other night 😉
                                                    ✔✔
Hope we can do it again tonight
                                                    ✔✔
My heart sunk a little. What night? What did they do? Had they texted the wrong person? Who was TB? I pushed the sudden thought that Alex might've been cheating away and left his phone on the counter near the sink in his bathroom.

When he'd gotten out, the suspicion had been eating away at my nerves. He came out, towel wrapped around his lower torso and hair wet.

"Hey, can ye toss me clothes over?" I nodded and gave them to him. He'd left the door open. I saw him checking his phone and looking back at me. I smiled softly, but he gave me a flat one. He closed the door.

I blinked a couple times. What just happened? I took a deep breath. Was he cheating on me? No. Slow down y/n. He couldn't. He wouldn't. A couple tears escaped my eyes. I wiped them away.

But they didn't leave. I tried hard to hold them in, but it was no use. I heard Alex opening the door. I wiped my tears quickly and tried not to sound heartbroken. "Hey I think I'm gonna go home now."

He looked at me confused. "Are yeh sure? I can give yeh a ride." I shook my head quickly. "No. No, it's okay I'll walk." He nodded. "Okay. I'll see you later, y/n." I forced a smile.

I gave him a short kiss and left. When I was home, I decided to make sure Alex wasn't cheating on me. I would finish my work early and go to the party. He'd be there, but he'd be there with only his mates. Nobody else.