(8) Nobody but you

"Just come, it'll be fun darlin'" he said through the line. I sighed, contemplating it. "And what if I decide not to?" He groaned.

"Come on, y/n just come. What else do yeh av' planned anyways?" He asked. He was right, I had nothing else to do. But I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Alex and I had been flirting for a while now. We acted like a couple sometimes, sneaking kisses, occasionally making out, cuddling, and going out. But we weren't official. I was beyond confused, and I didn't know if I could take anymore confusion. I guess a night out with him wouldn't hurt, right? Besides some of our mates would be there too, so it wouldn't be just him.

"Alright, Al, I'll make an appearance." He chuckled, I could practically hear his smirk. "Alreyt, I'll see yeh there then love." I nodded even though he couldn't see me. "Seeya, Al."

-
I wore a fitted dark red brallette top, high waisted black skinny jeans, Chelsea boots, small (but bright) earrings, a ring on my right middle finger and left my hair and makeup natural (with an acception of ruby red lipstick).

I was anxious but excited to see Alex the whole ride there. I ordered an Uber because, I was guessing I would be drinking, and I didn't feel like dying in a car crash tonight.

We got there and the butterflies started to flutter in my chest. I quickly payed and tipped my Uber driver and slowly made my way to the entrance. I walked in, looking for anyone I might know. Then finally, I saw some of my mates. It was Miles, Matt, Nick, and Jamie in a group. 'But no Alex.'

Stop it y/n. You're here to be with your mates too. Not just Alex. Wherever he was...

I approached them and Miles was the first to notice me. He threw his arms in the air after putting his drink down and smiled widely at me. "Y/N! FINALLY!" We practically ran to each other, he picked me up as he hugged me, spinning me once or twice. I giggled as he put me down and smiled at him.

"Yeh look gorgeous, love!" I smiled wider, loving his spirit. "Thanks! You too, wow you clean up well." I looked to the rest of the guys. "And you guys too, looking handsome mates."

I greeted them each as they all gave me their individual hug and smile. "Drink, Y/n?" Matt asked me. I nodded and quickly said "Dry martini." He nodded and went to get it.

I hung around for about half an hour, Alex still nowhere to be seen. I've only had two drinks, not wanting to overdo it, especially not so quickly.

I was standing with the boys still, next to Miles with his arm around my shoulder. I tapped Miles and he leaned his ear to my face so he could hear me. "Have you seen Al anywhere?" He shook his head, to my disappointment.

"No love, sorreh. I can go look for him, if yeh wanted?" I shook my head and bit my lower lip. "No, no its ok, I'll go." He nodded. "Alreyt, be safe, okay?" I nodded and gave him a small smile before leaving to find Alex.

I looked everywhere, but coming up empty. Just as I was going to accept my defeat, I saw him in a corner by himself. I smiled to myself and started walking to him. He looked up and saw me, both of us now smiling. But before I could get to him, somebody else did first.

A blond woman with a white top and blue jeans brought him a drink and attached herself to his side. He looked from me to her, and she followed his gaze to me. My pace slowed and she smirked.

I walked up to him nonetheless. "Hey Al..." I said once I reached them. "Uhm, hey y/n. Didn't think I would see yeh 'ere." I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. How could he not? I told him I would.

"Oh." Was all I could say. The girl looked at him expectantly. "Y/n, this is Taylor. Taylor, y/n." He introduced us. I forced a smile and stuck my hand out. "Hi Taylor. Nice to meet you." She looked at my hand and ignored it, taking a sip of her drink. I closed my fist and let it drop at my side.