•17•

Present

Joel closes the door behind them and (Y/N) throws her bow on the table, the pair having taken a walk around the theatre now return to the room they kept the map and photos.

"How can she do this?"

"Do what, honey?"

"Dina and Jesse!" She exclaims. "Did you not -" she stops, bending over and Joel moves to be by her but she waves him off.

"I'm fine." She grumbles, allowing him to take her arm and sit her down on the office chair.

"You doing this and getting stressed out is not good for the baby." He sighs, crouching in front of her and rubbing a thumb on her thigh, his hand on her knee.

"Alright, Doctor." (Y/N) rolls her eyes and the door opens, Dina walking in.

"Jesse's passed out." She chuckles and then frowns. "You okay? Is the baby alright?"

"Gee, I don't know, Dina. Why don't we ask it and see?" The older woman replies and Joel awkwardly smiles. "Hormones." He mutters.

(Y/N) glares at him, hitting his shoulder. "Don't speak for me."

Joel shakes his head, standing back up and (Y/N) tilts her head at Dina's stance, her hand clutching her other arm and she just stands there. With a sigh, the ex Firefly rubs her temples. "He's a good kid."

Dina looks confused, but hums in agreement anyway out of fear for what she might say or do next.

"Do we have any leads?" She changes the conversation.

"Yeah. When you guys went off, I came back here and this girl -" Dina points to the photo. "Nora. Her unit was assigned to this hospital. They were collecting supplies or something."

"This hospital?" Joel queries, pointing to it on the map.

"Yeah."

(Y/N) stands, picking back up her weapon and Dina holds her hand up. "Wait, wait, we're going now? Shouldn't we at least wait for Jesse to rest up."

"You two can stay here. Joel and I have got this. If we know her lead, then maybe so does Tommy." (Y/N) says.

Dina goes to protest but the older woman raises an eyebrow. "We can handle it." Her voice is stern and the girl nods.

"Okay."

***
In the conference centre they were raiding for supplies, (Y/N) enters one of the rooms alone. She runs her fingers along the gears scattered across a desk when without warning, the wind is taken out of her as she is slammed into it.

"Got her! Got her!" He yells, turning her over and gripping the fronts of her shirt, his other hand going to her neck. "We're not going back, understand?"

Struggling for air, her hand fumbles behind her and she grabs a pot, smashing it over his head. As he stumbles back, she grabs an arrow from her quiver and stabs him with it.

"Holy shit! Kill that bitch!" A woman yells, more joining.

After hearing the commotion, Joel had ran down the corridor and rushes into the room. He knocks out one and slides across the table, slumping down next to his wife who takes cover on the other side. She gives him a sheepish grin.

"What was the one thing I told you?" He says, loading his rifle.

"Don't go in rooms alone." She answers, taking a shot.