#9

Title: The Perfect Harmony
Author: Maggie-Nary
Reviewer: anonymous

Scores:

Title: (5 /5)
Cover: ( 2/5)
Grammar: ( 10/10)
Choice of words: ( 5/10)
Plot: (13 /15)
Detailing: ( 15/15)

Scenario description: ( 6/10)

Finishing touches: ( 10/10) (considering it's under editing so I'm giving it a 10)
Character development: ( 14/15)
Personal enjoyment: ( 4/5)
Total: 84/100

Review:

I will say first of all, beautiful plot. I think it fits fantasy wonderfully and doesn't use smut as a way to gain attraction- which is soooooo common in wattpad fantasy books.

The whole though of Melharmo- a place where magic is real us kind of Cliqúe, but I won't lie that the way you deliver it is generally very Non-Cliqúe. I liked how you turned the band name of Westlife into West-Talia, and most of all your writting gives the feels. I think it's genuinely beautiful.

The Cover is not the most eye-catching, I would say getting one from a suitable graphic shop. We also own one, so you can give it a try if you want 😊

But.

You can't deliver backgrounds nicely. Backgrounds are important. Where the characters are standing is genuinely important for the reader since that decides everything. The mood, the feels. Everything.

While your dialogues do have the power to make me shiver at points, I will say if you learn to deliver backgrounds better, it will make your scenes better.

In the prologue where the argument was taking place, I genuinely was confused for a long period of time because I just couldn't understand what took place where. Orbeon's lines made me shiver because they seemed so grave and emotional, but the fact that the background just seemed so vague ruined it for me.

Also, the character introductions are a little week on my opinion. They can be better. Tip: don't introduce characters through dialogues. It can the confuse the reader a lot, and of course, introducing characters through statements are genuinely necessary sometimes, but usually keep an action between the introductions to distinguish the characters.

A piece of the reviewers mind:

I think the book is beautiful. You just need to work a little more.  Of course, improvement takes time, but that the reason you came here so here are my thoughts. 😊

Would I recommend this book?
Right now? Probably not.
After editing is done?
Fuck yes.

-yours' edgiest,

Lets_Share