someone to stay

Few days later...

It is that day. The day everyone was planning and talking about. Its was time for camping. Despite everything, they were ready to remind themselves how to have fun again. Zack and alex were checking for details, justin and jessica were hanging together before they go, clay and ani were sitting and waiting patiently. Diego, monty and the football players were gathered like they used to before every game. Only winston was missing.

Okay guys, line up. Its time to count you. We have to make sure everyone is here. The bus is already waiting for us.  A teacher was speaking while walking towards the student's direction. Everyone was present. Well, almost everybody.

Ok, last but not least, winston williams. An unusual silence followed. Winston williams...?!? The Teacher repeated so he could hear his name. But there was still no answer. Still silence. Everybody looked at each other. Where the hell is he? I thought he would come with us today. Clay told alex. So do i. What the hell?  Alex responded with a very suspicious and complicated look in his eyes.

Diego and the football team also exchanged strange look with each other. Monty do you know where he is? Diego took a step towards monty and  whispered  so only he could hear. No man i have no idea. I saw him like 2 days ago. He told me he was sure he would make it today. Monty was talking but at the same time his eyes were searching any sign of winston. We can't leave if all the students who said they would participate, aren not here. Lets be patient. He will show up eventually. Maybe something happened. Lets give him some time. The teacher adressed to all the students and suggested to be patient.

A few minutes passed and there was still no sign of winston. It was like he had disappeared. The teachers decided that they couldn't wait any longer. Everyone one the bus. The teacher said and went inside the bus while students were still standing outside, not sure what to do next. We don't have time to waste. Maybe something came up last mimute and he couldn't attend after all.

But we must make sure that this is the case. He is your student after all. Diego told the teacher. But as a result, she just gave one last look around and went back to the bus. Get in the bus and we will do everything we can to reach to him thats a promise.

Thats not enough. Monty shouted. We can not leave him. But without another word, the teacher urged her students to get inside, this time they did exactly what she told them to do. So did monty. Unwillingly.

The bus was ready to begin its journey. With every student and teacher inside, the engine came to life and after that they were gone.

It was not far enough, when something unexpected and terrible happened. The bus started to speed up, and then all of the sudden a familiar figure was crossing the street running. The driver did not see that the light was red. When he tried, with all his force to stop the bus it was already too late.

Without being able to stop in time, that familiar figure was lying on the street. He was hit by the bus. All the teachers started to get out and then students followed. Then they saw him clearly. They saw his face. Everybody gasped in shock. Monty was pushing himself through the crowd to see too. But when he saw it, he couldn't believe it.
He was trying to stay calm in front of everyone, but soon he would let his emotions take over him. It was just a matter of  time....

It was him........................it was winston.

Hey guys. Another chapter is here so i hope you enjoy it. See you all at the next chapter. Untill then bye👋