chapter thirty

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘𖣔༄the freedom of the soul

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘𖣔༄
the freedom of the soul

Song of the chapter
Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine
_______•_______

Anne and Gilbert.

Anne and Gilbert had tied for the best marks in the exams. No one was surprised, since there had been years of continuous competition between them. At first, bitter and virulent, and in the end, gentle and mutually interested. They had grown from being mere competitors waiting to reach the tantalizing first place in the pursuit of success to being partners who were sweetly interested in each other. If that wasn't a wonderful relationship development, Bella didn't know what else could be.

"Everyone?" Miss Stacy called. She was radiant as was usual and her unique spirit irradiated pride, but there was a hint of nostalgia in her voice that was inevitable when considering the sad situation they faced, "It is with heavy but proud heart that I say to you all one last time, class dismissed"

"You've been the best teacher, Miss Stacy!" Diana exclaimed with some sadness. There was a row of exclamations of emotion as well as light sighs of nostalgia.

It had been strangely causal to have had the last years of school experienced in such a way. They had been insufferable years of darkness and neglect, immersed in a bitter life without illusions and devoid of dreams, sunk in the unshakable tranquility of a life without expectations. Suddenly, the last few years had been filled with the bright light of a life that offered the availability to break through into sweet realms they had never deigned to explore. There had emerged such unique characters as Miss Stacy, who had become the greatest promoters of the breadth of that varied and beautiful life.

"Potatoe light bulbs forever!" Moody had exclaimed before leaving the house. Miss Stacy was puzzled but smiled gratefully.

"Moody's motivation, something to be missed," Bella had mentioned, to which Miss Stacy nodded, before linking her arm through Poppy's and walking out together with the line of students from the house.

Poppy and Bella had embarked down the same path as always, babbling about the dream of adulthood and finally leaving it all behind. Although it wasn't entirely a happy prospect; it was still so tantalizing to imagine it that it kept popping into their minds and giving them, as a consequence, a thousand fluttering butterflies in their bellies.

"Bella!" Had exclaimed a voice from a distance, "Bella!"

Poppy nodded gently as if granting her permission, "It's alright, I'll go get Jane and Ruby."

Bella stood firmly in place and awaited his arrival, once they met at the same point, they continued the journey in comfortable silence. It was like those many other times, arm in arm, always so singularly united, walking through the thick undergrowth towards the same destination. Still, there was a palpable sense of pain that this was the last time they shared such a close intimacy. Nostalgia hovered quietly, like a medicine as dense as molasses, and seeped through them like the announcement of endings waving a black flag as if in mourning. Indeed, it was mourning. Mourning for all that prosperous life, all the teachings and all the experiences, and how it now led to a new life.