29. Till The Moon Is Upside Down

Start from the beginning

The bronze-haired vampire shakes his head with his smile not wavering before Luna stops herself from manipulating him further.

"That was awesome." Luna said, earning smiles from everyone around her.

"Seth and I are gonna take off. We just checked to see how Luna's doing." Paul said before the two made their way towards the front door.

Luna looks at Jasper, and knowing what she wants to do, he nodded and smiled at her before planting a kiss on her forehead. Luna mouthed a 'thank you' before following the two outside.

"Hey, grandma." Luna called out, referencing the wolf that pretended to be a grandmother in little red riding hood.

Paul and Seth looked back to see Luna standing in the doorway. Seth knew it would be because of the thing he told her while she was asleep, so, he took it upon himself to go to the car first and leave the two alone to talk.

"What?" Paul asked as Luna approached him.

Luna rolled her eyes. "Oh come on. Stop acting all tough now, wolfie."

Paul looked away from Luna, not being able to look at her in the eye without feeling awkward about her knowing what he didn't want her to know. On top of that, he couldn't look at her straight because he still felt guilty for the accident.

Luna caught what Paul was feeling, and the teasing smile on her face dropped instantly.

"Stop blaming yourself, Paul. You had nothing to do with the accident." Luna told him.

"You were driving my car. I could've stopped you from taking it but I didn't."

"Because neither of us knew what was going to happen. No one is to blame for what happened to me."

"You're dead, Luna. Do you understand that?!"

"I understand that more than anyone, Paul! I didn't want to become a vampire before I could do the mundane things that I wanted to do. But I asked to be turned because I also didn't want to die before I could even experience at least half of what the world is planning for me." Luna explained.

Paul clenched his jaw, finally meeting her eyes but only for a few seconds before he lowered his gaze down to his feet.

Luna sighed, bringing her hand to his cheek to try and comfort her friend. But the absence of her warmth only made him feel worse. Her skin was so cold, unlike the first time he carried her. It was bothering him.

"None of this is your fault." Luna assured him.

Paul didn't answer. He looks at the crimson red eyes of hers that didn't help in making him feel better, but at least he still gets to see her.

"Now," Luna said as she retrieved her hand. "Go home and tell JJ I'm mad at him for not getting off his moping ass to come and see me."

Paul smirks before shaking his head and turning to approach the truck he borrowed from Sam.

"Give 'em hell, you psycho." Paul told her as he opened the door to the driver's seat.

"I always do, dog." Luna replied, a smirk playing on her lips as well.

"Take care of your grandma there, little wolf." Luna told Seth.

Seth gave a wide, bright smile and a big thumbs up out the car window before Paul drove away.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

Luna was once again in her and Jasper's room. She has been refusing to hunt for hours, which was starting to worry Jasper. It had something to do with the fact that Luna became a vampire on short notice, and she still doesn't want to act like one until she's ready to accept it.