Chapter IV (Victors pov)

I'd never thought I'd be married to a corpse. It just never crossed my mind. Living down here often made me depressed because nothing felt the same. Although it was colourful and cheerful, I felt like I didn't fit in. People could rip their heads off, eat poison, and do whatever they please. Me on the other hand, I'd have to be careful and asked what every meal I ate contained of. I might as well be dead. I don't want to be though, something in me just lingers back to Victoria. Emily is clingy and emotional, while Victoria is mysterious and beautiful. One day I'll find my way to her. I'd just been informed that Victoria was to be married today, and when I heard that I lost all hope.

I was walking past the kitchen to go to the bar when I heard Emily and Elder Gutknecht talking. They sounded stressed so I opened the door a little bit so they wouldn't be aware of my presence. "W-what are you implying?" Emily said with a frown. "I'm implying the rules. It states it here in the book. One must be of the same state to marry. Must you follow otherwise of the rules, you shall depart this life and rot in purgatory." Elder blurted out. "Oh Elder, he'll never agree to such a thing." Emily cried. "I'll do it." I said. Emily snapped her head and I walked closer to her and whispered "For you." Which seemed to have sent shivers down her spines. She smiled widely and jumped in excitement.

"In fact we'll do it now! In the land of the living!" I said happily. Emily snapped back from her thoughts to process what I'd just said. I said that sentence so loudly that the whole village chatted amongst themselves about what I meant. "Upstairs?" "The land of the living?" "I've always wanted to go to the land of the living!" The chatter stopped once General Bonesapart announced how they were going to get upstairs.

Bonejangles wrapped his bony hands around my shoulders and whispered "Thankyou. Thankyou for giving our Emily the chance to love."

"