Earlier than Expected

Stretching out into the silken blankets, Damian Wayne, the son of the billionaire detective, Bruce Wayne, blinked his eyes open awkwardly to the dark bedroom.
His curtains were drawn back—and the boy flinched from sudden light, covering himself in his own blankets.
"Master Damian," began a familiar and slow voice, "it's five."
"I know." Damian retorted at Alfred, shoving his face into his pillow beneath the sheets. He knew what that meant, but he decided to act as if he didn't.
Playing stupid was Damian Wayne's specialty—also a thing that sprawled down the generation of not only Robin, but the Waynes.
"So.." Alfred began.
Silence.
"So what?" Damian snapped back, shuffling awkward. He should've pretended to be dead.
"So, it's time to get up. It's snowing."
'Why would that change anything?' Damian grumbled beneath his breath.
Awkwardly moving across the bed, he made it to the edge and sat up, the sheets draped over his head. He faced the other way from Alfred—and the window.
The light hurt his eyes.
"What day is it, Alfred?"
"Sunday."
Damian hated Sundays.
It was worse than Monday, a horrible realization that it only leads to the second worst day of the week. Anything but Sunday.
"You.. remember what happens today?" Alfred asked, walking across the room hesitantly. He eventually made it to Damian's side of his king-sized bed.
Shit? Was it his father's birthday?
"It is not Master Bruce's birthday," Alfred said, assuming by the morbid shock on the young boy's face.
"Oh," Damian murmured, "then I don't care."
A dark eyebrow cocked on Alfred's face. A sigh and he was walking across the room, fetching a tray that was topped with a teapot, teacup and a plate with biscuits and butter.
Damian watched, a little bitter that Alfred wouldn't tell him, even though he said he 'didn't care'.
"But," the boy said, staying still. Alfred smirked to himself.
"I would like to know." Damian half-ordered, shrugging.
"Jonathan Kent," Alfred began, "he's coming for a visit in.."
Checking his watch, the butler glanced back up. "Twenty minutes."