Fun fact

You don't have to read EVERYTHING you can scan and read wat u want ^-^
-SilverH3dgehogGameing

Mephiles managed to survive when Elise blew out Solaris in Sonic06.

It is also revealed that the Time Eater (Sonic Generations) is actually the remanets of Mephiles who had manage to slip through a crack in time.

Dan Green, Mephiles's voice actor in the English verison of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) also voices [[Mewtwo] from the English dub of Pokémon: Mewtwo's Return

Mephiles also happens to be very intelligent.

Mephiles has also demonstrated the curious ability to, with one Chaos Emerald in his possession, warp the other six Emeralds to his location instantly, which he did after the Flames of Disaster were released from Elise and before reuniting with Iblis.

He shares some similarities to the My Little Pony villain King Sombra as well. Both have a shadow form and a physical form (of a hedgehog in Mephiles's case, and a pony in Sombra's case), were sealed away years ago, are the darkest and most evil villain in their series, are killed by a princess, and appeared in the part of the series that was disliked by many (In Sombra's case, Season 3).

Mephiles' name is derived from Mephistopheles, the demon from the legend of the German magician Faust, and possibly after Mephitis, the personification of the poisonous gases emitted from the ground in swamps and volcanic vapors.