Chapter 7

The chariot stopped, two men one cladded in yellow and the other in red entered the gates of the palace, no one was present for their welcome

BOOM!!! Few buckets full of coloured water fell on the man in red!

"What is this???" Nakula shouted, "Is this the way they greet guests in Chedi... " His anger was obvious as his beautiful face was now covered with colourful water, his forever silky hairs were now sticky.

Soon, four figures approached them and as Renu saw Nakula she burst out in fits of laughter.

"You...yo.. u.. lo..okk so funny!" she said in between her laughter. While her brothers tried to suppress their laughter, Krishna too joined her!!

Nakula just gave a death glare to her, cursing her for spoiling his great attire,his fist clenched with anger and this didn't go unnoticed by Drishtaketu, who soon asked Sarabha to take Nakula to his room. On the other hand, Renu just couldn't stop laughing!!

A giggle escaped her mouth after remembering, the incident!! Soon sleep overtook her senses.

-------

The following morning, she sat before the mirror, dressed in a beautiful light orange lehenga, her hairs braided nicely, with no jewellery except the chudamani which represented her married status. She decided to discard all her jewelleries because according to her, it was inappropriate for her to wear them while her husband ventured in the forest. While she was tucking her chudamani, she heard tiny footsteps in her room, she very well knew who it was!!

"Maaaaaa.... " he screamed and jumped up on the bed.

She immediately ran to him, "What happened Mitra..are.. y..o.. u.. fine..? " her voice choking.

"Ma.. Ma there is a mouse here,it ran over my feet ma.. " he hugged her.

She facepalmed, "You literally gave me a mini heart attack Mitra! " She took him in her arm, went away for the breakfast.

Her room was on the second floor, the passage gave a beautiful view of her garden. Mitra played with her flicks, while she moved, but at one point she stopped and looked back, she noticed the elevated platform where she used to practice her dance, and Nakul would stand where she stood and admire her moves continuously. She got goosebumps while just imaging his sensual gaze on her.

She smiled, soon tender lips touched her cheeks.

" You look so beautiful while smiling Ma! " Mitra cooed , and just looked at his mother with awe, her face glowed the way it used to, and he missed this face of his mother from past many months.

She made him stand, he took her fingers in his little palm and immediately shooted a question, "Ma, why do we see rainbow after a rainfall, why not before it?"