Chapter 1: the Stranger

*Catwoman x Male Reader stories are so scarce out there so I felt inclined to provide DC fans another story to read about the sneakiest thief in Gotham city this time she intends to steal something she never thought she would ever want...*

(Y/n) was used to the rain, living in Gotham for so long. It was normal and somewhat annoying at times but (Y/n) enjoyed it here, he grew up here he knew the evil that could come from this place.

Yet he stayed because it was his home even if it was crime-infested.

He was nobody special he was not a supervillain or a masked vigilante like the Batman. Just another citizen in the world's worst city.

(Y/n) tried his best to ignore the rain and the cold shiver of the Autumn season as he walked on the sidewalk back to his apartment complex, he had recently come back from a visit to his brother and his family.

(Y/n) knew his older brother cared for him especially since (Y/n) had recently started to live alone. He always insisted he was happy, his job as a librarian never kept him bored he always came up with a new interesting book to read.

He never expected his own life to ever become extraordinary.

(Y/n) fished his keys out of his pocket as he approached his apartment door waving in greeting at his elderly neighbor who was a kind and sweet lady.

(Y/n) sighed as he closed his door behind him, leaning against it, and slid down to sit on the floor and covered his face with his hands before sliding them off. 

He had lied to his brother again, he actually was miserable.

Gotham was a lonely sullen place, its spotty weather rivaled the city of London in terms of the downpour of rain. Giving it its dark and grim atmosphere. Making the simple Librarian become overcome with the feeling of drowning in loneliness.

Perhaps that was the reason behind its overwhelming crime rate. After all, we are all reflections of our home are we not?

(Y/n) mused over these thoughts as he sat in his meaningless apartment in the heart of Gotham absentmindedly ignoring the soft tap of rain on the windowpanes of the small but cozy apartment.

But this was his home, his tiny insignificant slice of the Shit Pie that was Gotham. 

(Y/n) stood from his resting spot on the floor and made his way to the sofa in the living area and unceremoniously faceplanted into the soft cushions. Exhaustion was not uncommon to (Y/n) but he thought by now he would have adjusted to the requirements his job entailed.

But he did work hard that day, and he understood the reason behind his exhaustion. The man rested on the brown sofa for the next two hours demanding himself to drift into slumber.

Unfortunately, the three cups of coffee he drank today was sternly refusing to allow his mind to drift back into slumber.

So (Y/n) simply laid there allowing his mind to wander wherever it deemed fit.

His thoughts, strangely enough, drifted toward the many, many, villains and psychopaths the city harbored and wondered what they were doing right now at this very second. Who were they with? What were they plotting or were they battling the Batman?

He wouldn't be surprised if the last question was in full effect right at this moment, the caped crusader was out there every night doing just that.

Almost as if fate decided to flip him the bird, a black clad figure picked the window lock and unceremoniously dumped themselves onto (Y/n)'s hardwood floor.