Human Kaycee

The title is misleading but you already know where this came from. This is so random, I wrote in a speed of light after Sean's post, and this isn't in any way related to his caption "human kaycee sounds stupid but she's also the kind of person where i can sit in front of her for hours doing nothing, and still have the time of my life. the kind of person where i can share my most painful parts of my life and be okay to cry" --like damn, I can't write what's beautiful irl. 

I'm sorry I'm clowning hard on this lol. Sorry, this is random. Happy birthday to our grown woman. 

*****

"What are we doing?"

Kaycee asked as she heaved the last of the big pillows at the Lew's backyard. She took a deep breath, hands on her hips as she looked around –at the mountain of Boom Chickapop bags, dark chocolates, a picnic basket and a large cooler on the side; a heap of white cloth and a projector; sleeping bags, lots of pillows and blankets, and; her best friend trying to set up an enormous tent.

"You said you want movie night. So I'm giving it to you," he grunted as he struggled a bit while assembling the tent.

"Ah, you're creative as ever, Sean Lew," Kaycee grinned, nudging him with her elbows, making him twitch violently.

"Hey! Watch the elbows!"

Kaycee giggled. "So what can I help you with?"

The two set up the tent longer than they expected, pausing for a while to watch the sun set, before proceeding to build up their fort. After setting up the projector and arranging the food and the pillows inside, they fell back into their made up bed in exhaustion, before looking at each other, immediately laughing for no reason at all.

"What if we just eat and sleep? Setting up a tent took all my energy," Sean said tiredly.

"But everything will be put on to waste!" Kaycee laughed.

Sean blinked, jutting out his bottom lip. "You right," he paused, looking at her fresh face. "Happy birthday, Kayc." Kaycee's brows slightly furrowed, now turning to lie on her stomach, elbows propping her up. Her birthday was still a few weeks away. "This is...my birthday gift for you. Some sort of a getaway. Since you're not sure, or can't decide, where you're going, anyway. I mean, it isn't much. We're on my backyard, and literally there's no sun, so..."

"Sean," Kaycee chuckled, holding his hand – which tends to gesture and flap around when he's nervous –from moving. "Thank you. I appreciate it, really," she smiled gently, and momentarily, her best friend got lost inside her hazel eyes. "But you're always making me feel bad, you know? You always out here, outdoing yourself, being all genius-y and sweet and I always post the same baby picture of us for your birthday," she teased, munching on a popcorn.

"Yeah, yeah. Might as well tattoo that picture on my forehead with your 64 abs," Sean rolled his eyes, grinning. "You know I don't mind, Kayc. I really just want to make you happy."

Kaycee could only look at him from the side with a side-smile. "You're a sap, Sean Lew," she said, throwing a popcorn to his face.

"Hey! That's a waste of good popcorn!" he protested, laughing.

"Sorry. What are we watching?" she asked, propping herself up on a pillow at the mouth of the tent, facing the screen.

"A back-to-back of Jordan Peele's movies," Sean grinned wickedly.

"Uh-oh, I know that look," she told him, wide-eyed, still munching on the popcorn. "Are you trying to scare me?"

The boy shrugged, "Why, are your scare-able?"