As Reid starts to ramble yet again, you stand up and walk to his desk to grab the files, "That's by far one of the creepiest things you've ever said. And we catch serial killers for a living."

"You want help carrying the paperwork?" Reid watches you piling the files into your arms.

"No, I've got it."

"Oh, you want some alone time with Hotch?" He grins.

You let out a frustrated sigh, "Can you just," You glance up at Hotch's office, "Just keep your voice down?"

"What? Is he gonna punish you?" Reid teases with a smirk and your jaw drops open. You kick his chair away from you and your face turns a bright red color.

"I'm going to kill Garcia." Reid opens his mouth to protest but you cut him off, "Don't even try and cover for her. I know she's the one who told you." You turn from him and start to walk up the stairs to Hotch's office, "Enjoy riding the metro home alone!" You flip him off as you knock on the door.

You hear Hotch mutter a small 'come in' from inside and you step inside closing the door behind you. His focus remains down on the paperwork and you stand in the middle of the office awkwardly for a second before finally speaking up, "Reid and I finished the paperwork."

"You can just put it here," He points to a small empty section of his desk. "Thank you."

You nod and move to walk around the side of his desk putting the papers down. He glances at you sideways and smiles softly, "Thanks for finishing all of that. And thank Reid."

"Yeah well having him here helped a lot. The doctor's speed reading is always a handy tool," You grin.

Hotch lets out a telling sigh and goes back to writing up a case briefing. You look up and out the blinds for a second, seeing the empty bullpen except for Reid who is lost in thought in the obscenely large book he has his face buried in. You turn and sit against the edge of the desk. "You alright?"

Hotch barely gives you a second look, "Yeah. Just a lot of work to get done."

You reach forward, placing your hand delicately on his chin turning his face to look at you. You give him a warm smile, "You work yourself too hard."

Hotch leans back in his chair a little, placing a hand on your exposed thigh. The touch is warm and sends tingles through your body. He keeps his eyes trained on the hand on your thigh, rubbing it over your skin slowly, "I know."

"You know we could all always take on more work so that you're not stuck here so late doing all this yourself," You gesture to the mountains of paperwork piled across his desk.

Hotch shakes his head, "I can't put that on you guys." He sighs and gives your thigh a small squeeze, "This is all just part of my job."

"You just get yourself so stressed." You let out a small breath, your eyes trained on his hand as it gently rubs your skin. "I worry about you."

He looks up at you, "You make me calm. Having you around helps me." His voice is soft, barely filling the room.

You can't stop a smile from spreading across your face. "Good thing I don't plan on going anywhere soon." Your attention goes back to the window, watching Reid pack up his things.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just... it's a lot sometimes. It feels like it never ends," There's a feeling of comfort around Hotch. It's easy talking to him. Though your feelings scare you, just how real it's becoming terrifies you, but you wouldn't want to be with anyone else at this moment.