001

wei wuxian strolled down the streets of the ghost city which he had just arrived at, hands behind his head, chenqing and the stygian tiger seal at his waist. he looked around and saw ghosts with their head chopped off, ghosts with their eyes gouged out, and ghosts with their intestines hanging out. normal people would've been terrified, but calling wei wuxian a normal person would be a terrible greivance.

he kept wandering aimlessly until he arrived at large palace, decked out with gold and precious gems, beating even the old palaces of the qishan wen sect. he pulled over a random ghost and asked:

"hey, who the hell lives here?"

the ghost seemed to be appalled, his face turning a deathly shade of white. well it was already a deathly shade of white before, but it was very obvious he was scared. 

"you don't even know our two chengzhus? you're going to die here!"

"chengzhu?" wei wuxian muttered

"cool, now go scram."

the ghost was seemingly intimidated by his domineering aura and immediately ran away. yeah sure, whoever could dominate an entire city of ghosts must be strong, but as the yiling patriarch, he definitely wasn't weak either. in a moment of brashness, he went up to the door and knocked.

"hey yo, it's your mantou delivery guy"

wei wuxian chuckled to himself as all the other ghosts gaped at him in shock and scrambled away. seeing there was no response, wei wuxian knocked louder

"hey, bro, i have the mantous you ordered, i just want to deliver them"

no response. wei wuxian sighed, and proceeded to pull out chenqing. with one breath of air, he begin to aggressively flute, the sound of a piercing melody flowing through the air. the ghosts in the city all collectively dropped to the ground, rolling around as if in agony, and they couldn't control their body. after a few minutes, a figure cloaked in a bright red descended right in front of wei wuxian. he was adorned in silver accessories, and just from his aura alone, wei wuxian could tell that he was overflowing with spiritual energy. he had a black eyepatch covering his right eye, but the eye that was exposed sparkled with light. he was slightly frowning, as if in pain. wei wuxian was surprised that he could resist his song, considering that this was one of his more powerful songs, but it definitely wasn't his strongest either.

the figure lightly flicked wei wuxian on the head, and he heard all the ghosts around him gasp, as if scared for their life. a strong wave of spiritual energy flowed through him, and then quickly passed by.

"hey, that tickled" wei wuxian smirked

the figure in red smirked back and finally spoke.

"who are you, so bold?"

"my name is wei wuxian!"

"wei wuxian?" the figure pondered for a second.

"well then come on in"

wei wuxian laughed and said,

"not before you tell me who you are!"

"you can call me hua cheng"

"that's a funny name."

the figure in red exhaled as he led wei wuxian into the palace. 

"also, aren't there supposed to be 2 chengzhu's? where's the second one?" wei wuxian looked up at hua cheng, who was so tall he seemed to touch the sky

"he didn't bother to come see you."

wei wuxian scoffed. not coming to welcome the great and powerful yiling patriarch? how rude. 

"junshang" Hua Cheng called out, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"who is it this time?" an equally deep voice sounded from inside the palace.

"you'll see."