Meeting The Family - 1/2

Start from the beginning

The cat continued off on its hissing warpath at other people, but the teens remained in their position gazing into each other's eyes. Peter smiled teasingly, "Caught ya." He said, mimicking the words he once told her during the first time he swung her around New York as his alter ego. Michelle was glad at the reminiscence, but rolled her eyes at his cheesiness. Helping her back on her feet, they further continued the journey to her apartment.

When they entered the building, they passed by some odd sights and people. "Sorry, it's kind of hectic here," Michelle warned him. She wasn't necessarily embarrassed by her home as she was quite used to it and it expanded her so called "observational" skills, but it didn't make for a really good impression. Especially in front of her boyfriend. Peter shrugged, unfazed, "So is the rest of New York."

She silently laughed at his joke, then halted once they arrived in front of her door. After fishing through her pocket for her keys, Peter held the door open for her when it finally unlocked. "What a gentleman," Michelle jibed before entering. "I'm home," her voice echoed into the apartment. Suddenly, a younger girl appeared—probably about in her tween years. "Hey troll, mom says you're in trouble. Who's this?"

Peter blinked in surprise at the female's rude greeting. There was a sort of snobbish tone to the girl's voice that made the greeting feel more out of spite rather than just the normal sibling bickering. And she too possessed Michelle's infamous eye roll. "Oh, this is Peter. My boyfriend. Where's Mom and Brent?" That gained Peter's attention. He knew Michelle had two parents, but why didn't she call the man "dad?" "In the living room, waiting for you," Michelle's sister responded, the last word filled with what Peter guessed was a bit of disdain.

"Um, okay. Hey, Sam, can you—" The girl retreated back to her room, not letting Michelle finish. Slamming her door shut that it resonated from the walls. Michelle pursed her lips at the interaction, guiding Peter to the living room. Entering, two pairs of strict eyes were already on them. "Mom, Brent, I want you to meet Peter Parker. We've been dating for a year and a half," she said nervously like any normal teen when introducing their significant other.

Michelle's mom, Tyra, examined the anxious boy carefully. She looked almost exactly like Michelle, except with a paler complexion and light brown waves instead of the loose curly coils of chestnut brown Michelle sported. And her brows were a lot thinner and arched. Whereas the man named "Brent" had absolutely no features similar to Michelle, or her sister, at all. He was sort of short and hefty, and had blue eyes, summer blonde hair and a long nose. Tyra then completely dismissed Peter's presence and turned back to Michelle with a hard glare. "Where the hell were you?" Michelle let out an inaudible gulp, "At the library, studying."

That was only half of the truth. The rest of the time she had actually been hanging with Peter as they swung throughout Queens again. Despite all of Michelle's protests to it.

"Well, you were supposed to pick up your sister from her dance recitals. You know how important her show for tomorrow is. She can't miss it on the account of your incompetence." Beyond the cruelty of her words, Tyra held a similar pose as Michelle. Peter now understood where she got such an intimidating stature from. "Okay, I won't make the same mistake again." "You better."

"So this is the boy you mentioned," Tyra pointed her flinty stare towards Peter, who was just trying to process the earlier conversation. He had never seen Michelle so compliant and timid. She was usually so confident and ready to argue over anything. "Are you not even going to introduce us," Tyra asked Michelle expectantly. Said girl looked over at Peter.