"Actually... I'm his fiancé"

A/N: After undergoing so many things in his life, Peter has to face his most fearsome battle yet. His high school reunion. And when he comes to face old school foes—including one cheating former girlfriend, an unexpected guest comes to his rescue once more.

Basically a continuation of "Face it, Tiger..." that I've wanted to write so bad.

________________

Peter Parker sighed, loosening up his tie as he stared into his reflection in the bathroom mirror.

It had finally arrived. The day he had been dreading the most since... well since the end of his educational days: his high school reunion. He hasn't seen anyone, besides Ned and Betty—and occasionally Flash, since those four torturous years. And his mind didn't count off one Liz Allan as he'd pretend that she never existed after the day she cheated on him with his former best friend, Harry Osborn. Now, he'd have to face them—if they were even still together—and almost everyone else who's made half of his adolescence a living nightmare.

He figured it wouldn't be so bad now that he's made a name for himself as the youngest head scientist at Stark Industries. But he could already imagine the words and haughty sneers he'd be given when they learn he had no date for the evening. Although, it wasn't as if he didn't want to bring one. The person he thought he'd be bringing had some important matters to tend to, much to both of their dismays, causing him to be dateless for the event.

A silent buzz from his phone snapped him from his wandering thoughts and anxiousness. He grabbed the item to find he received text message from the woman who never left his mind:

Go get 'em, Tiger 🖤

He smiled at the words of encouragement, knowing she was doing her best to cheer him up to make amends for her absence. With that, Peter finished readying himself. Pushing any forming scenarios of how tragic the occasion will be or who he'll have to face. All that could motivate him was returning back home from the party and into the arms woman he loves.

Speaking of said female, he sent her a reply in the form of "I love you" and "You too." Knowing she also had a big presentation to execute during the meeting that occupied her. After Peter grabbed any other necessities, he drove off to the place he had thought to be the bane of his existence for quite a while: school.

oOo

As Peter got out the parked car, he stared in awe of the building known as Midtown High. It was still the same as ever. The brick walls merging with a Baroque style exterior making it somewhat picturesque—especially with the large tower that graced the center of the building. However, that elegance juxtaposed to the rambunctious city surrounding it and the equally as rugrats occupying it on a daily.

At that same feeling of regret in Peter, evoked a one of nostalgia.

Though he may not have had the best time in high school, he still did some things worth while like making friends, trying new things, and even his first girlfriend. No matter how badly it turned out in the end. High school was a social experiment that he barely just passed, but even so, he wouldn't trade the experience for the world if it meant he'd end up to where he was now. Actually happy.

With one last glance, he went forward into the den of all things evil, mentally preparing himself for what he might face.