a sad black

Miss Ruby sat at her desk with a blood pop in her mouth as she wrote some paperwork. during this time a female student with shoulder length hair, glasses and griffendor robes showed up. Miss Ruby saw them and took the blood pop out of her mouth and smiled at the child

''hello darling, I'm Miss Ruby, what can i do for ya?'' she said as she held out a bowl with caramel sweets in it. 

The child takes one and shyly asks ''c-could i be moved from my house?'' Miss Ruby looks at the child sadly.

''well why don't you sit down hun and we can talk this out'' she asks. the student nods and sits down. ''so, why do you wanna move house?''

The girl gulps ''w-well, some of the other students aren't the nicest. i just came to this school. i used to be home schooled by my Mum. my dad is...not the best person and people cant seem to let it go. i mean, there are some nice people but they don't talk to me much''

Miss Ruby thought for a minute ''hmmm your in 4th year correct?'' the girl nodded ''then i know exactly who can help ya hun, come on'' 

she left and went to the dinner hall and let the girl sit at the end of the table. she looked around the middle of the table where she saw Fred and George Weasely along with Lee Jordan  ''hello boys'' she said. 

the boys stiffened ''uhh h-hello Miss Ruby'' George said worriedly 

she laughed and said ''dont worry boys you arent in trouble. i was just wondering if you could do me a favor. you see that new transfer student?''

''oh you mean Amelia Black?'' Fred asked straight away. 

Miss ruby nodded ''i was wondering if you boys could invite her over and talk to her, get her involved in the house. i know you boys will be bale to make her more comfortable'' the boys looked at each other 

Fred stood up and walked over to Amelia with George and Lee not far behind, the hall went silent as he sat in front of her and held out his hand ''hello im Fred Weasely, this is my friend Lee and my inferior brother George'' as he said the last bit George threw a bread roll at him the all quickly broke back into chatter.

Amelia laughed and smiled at the boys ''hi, im Amelia, but you can call me Amy if you'd like'' 

Miss Ruby smiled and was about to leave when she heard a calm collected voice behind her ''oh! you must Rubelia Scott! my name is Minevra Mcgonagall, head of Griffendor, i don't believe we've met yet'' 

Ruby looked around and smiled at the older woman and shook her hand with a big smile ''oh please, call me Ruby, the only person who calls me Rubelia is my mother and my...'friend' so please, call me Ruby. You know, i've already had to deal with three of your students, you must have your hands full '' 

Mcgonagall sighed ''did 2 of the three have bright ginger hair?''

Miss Ruby laughed ''Why yes! but don't worry they wont be getting into too much trouble with me around, i think they're afraid of me'' Miss Ruby looks at her watch ''my goodness! look at the time! i must be going but it was lovely to meet you Minevra!'' she waved fair well to the teacher and headed back to her desk where she spent the rest of her day

as she was about to leave, a white owl swooped down and landed a letter in front of her. she opened the letter and in cursive writing it read ''Hello my darling Rubelia, i hope you aren't lonely. Me and Star are looking out on the water thinking of you. We miss you dear. do you suppose me and star could visit during Halloween or Christmas? oh dear, Star just set the kitchen on fire again, gotta go!'' the letter ended and Miss ruby had a smile on her face as she held the letter up to her chest and sighed

she decided to write a reply ''hello my darling. you are free to come by at Halloween, and do not worry, i shall see you soon and tell star to stop setting the kitchen on fire, with love, Ruby.''  she gave the letter to the bird along with a treat and sent it on its way and whispered under her breath ''cant wait to see you my darling'' not knowing that a student was there listening to the whole ordeal.