﹙ 𝐱𝐱𝐢 ﹚ library day-dreaming

Start from the beginning

     "And," he said, dragging out the syllable just as he swayed forward so that we both stretched across the desk, our faces now inches apart, "the taste and colour vary depending on the person being turned into."

     Suddenly aware of just how close we had got, I sat back in my chair hastily. "Good, so we're not completely hopeless." Cedric hovered where he was, looking very satisfied with something, before slowly sitting back down. "And how long does it take to brew?" I then asked expectantly. The potion in question is Polyjuice Potion, a potion not brewed in sixth year but still studied.

     "A week?"

     "A month," I deadpanned.

     "Right," he said. "I knew that."

     I scanned the rest of the specific page in the textbook, momentarily looking up through my brows to stare him down. "Uh-huh. Sure."

Cedric's POV

     I've got to be honest; I didn't pay much attention from then on. Which was probably a mistake seeing as I needed serious help with potions. But in truth, I had absolutely zero intent on learning anything tonight.

     There were plenty of people I could have asked to help me – including the designated tutor Snape pointed me in the direction of – but that was no fun. All I wanted out of this session was to spend time with y/n. And although I will never admit that to her in fear of grossing her out, I can still zone out and admire her from the other side of this table.

     I was on autopilot as she pointed to various segments of the textbook, explaining this and that and then referring to my dog-shit essay off to the side.

     Even as she laughed at what I had written and teased me for my mark, I couldn't help but admire her beauty. Those y/eye/c eyes and how when she smiled, her cheeks rose right up to her lashes. It's hard not to be drawn to someone like y/n. She's different. Of course, I like the attention I get, but there's something . . . exciting about the fact she doesn't flock to me like all the other girls in our year.

     No wonder my Amortentia smelt like her.

     I should have known that my staring and not responding with anything but hms and ahhs wouldn't work for very long because she snapped her fingers directly at my face. My subconscious couldn't function from that point on, and I was thrown back into reality.

y/n's POV

     His eyes seemed to gloss over, and it had come to the point where I think I had lost his attention completely.

     I snapped my fingers for a second time. "Cedric! Hello? Anyone in there?"

     When he finally came to, with a jolt, Cedric stared at me, baffled as if he had no idea why I was yelling at him all of a sudden.

     "Yes, present," he said, blinking, evidently not awake and so having to take the right measures to reverse this.

     "Welcome back," I sighed, resisting the urge to roll my eyes and subsequently failing.

     "What?" He cried. "I get distracted easily."

     "Then you shouldn't have asked me to tutor you," I replied. "I get annoyed easily."

     "You're telling me," he said followed by a scoff. This was enough for me to take his essay in my hands and whack him on the arm. "Right. Sorry," he flinched, surrendering his hands. "You have my undivided attention."