13- Conjuring a Patroness

Start from the beginning

"You were fine. It was just a couple scratches. I think you are perfectly capable of going to class," I responded and he scoffed.

"Quiet please," Snape said and everyone silenced themselves immediately.

"Today we will be talking about Patronesses. Open your books to page 267," He said and I did as he told us. I've already learned about patronesses in my father's preparation. Seems to me like I didn't really need school this year. My father already taught me everything I need to know.

"We don't even need this," Draco whined.

"Yes we do. It's important for our safety. You should already know about partronesses from our father's preparation," I replied and he rolled his eyes.

"Miss. Paxton and Mr. Malfoy, since you'd like to disrupt the class because you don't need to pay attention, you can demonstrate how to produce a patroness in front of the class. Perhaps, maybe you already know how to do this," Snape said and called us up to the front.
"Bloody hell," Draco said as he began to stand up. "How do we do this?" He questioned me. I rolled my eyes because he never pays attention to anything. I have to admit, Draco is pretty smart when he wants to be. It's just that the effort isn't there.

I thought for a moment and decided if I should let him embarrass himself, but I didn't want to be that cruel.

"Follow my lead," I said and I went first. I held out my wand and yelled "expecto patronum," and I began to think of my happiest memory.

It was Christmas when I was five. Me and Draco were unwrapping our gifts and my mother brought in a little baby boy. He was 2 years old and his name was Ambrose. My parents adopted him because his birth parents were killed by Voldemort. I think it was because they didn't do a specific task that Voldemort asked of them. Of course, I didn't know this at the time.
I welcomed my new baby brother with open arms and it was the best christmas present I ever received.

As I was imagining this, my patroness, the badger, appeared and danced around me. Some students who were actually paying attention clapped for me. Snape just held a straight face.

"Now Mr. Malfoy," Snape called.

Draco looked at me with a scared impression. I had to help him. He's like a scared little puppy.

"Just think of your happiest memory and hold out your wand and say 'expecto patronum'. You got this," I whispered quickly and quietly so Snape wouldn't hear me teaching him how to do it.

Draco's POV
I walked to where Evanora was just standing and I held out my want.

Just think of your happiest memory and hold out your wand and say 'expecto patronum'. Evanora's words repeated in my head.

I held out my wand and thought of the time I knocked Potter off his broom. The entire Slytherin team worshiped me for it and I was very proud of myself.

"Expecto Patronum," I said loudly but nothing happened. I looked over to Evanora for assistance.

"Try thinking of something else. A memory that brings you joy," She whispered.

I tried as hard as I could to find a happy memory, but there weren't many. I came across a memory I had when I was about 8 years old...

<Flash Back>

"Draco, you're cheating!" Eight year old Evanora complained after she lost to wizard's chess. We'd always bring sweets and put it into a little bag and whoever won the game got to keep the bag.

"Not true!" I said back proudly. I always won wizard's chess. It was my favorite game.

"Whatever," She said sadly.

"Hey, you can have the winning bag of sweets," I said to her and handed her the bag.

"Really?" Her eyes lit up. She loves sweets. "Thanks!" She opened the bag and smelled it.

"It smells so good. Here, smell!" She held the bag up to my nose and It smelled of sweets and honey.

"Smells amazing," I said and she began to happily eat her sweets.

"You're the best friend ever!" She told me and kissed my cheek. I smiled at her and said, "And so are you."
She smiled at me and shared some sweets with me like she always does.

(End of flashback)
Evanora was my first friend. She was the only person I could really trust. She always told the truth no matter what and she always did the right thing. She was happy most of the time but as I got older I got meaner and sadder. We grew apart once we arrived at Hogwarts.

I realized I loved her when I was eight years old. This very memory is what made me fall. Even so young, I knew she was the best person for me, but I know she could never say the same about me. I was always rude and controlling with her and I never know what to do or what to say when I'm with her.

As I thought of my  memory, I called out even louder than before, "Expecto Patronum," and a dragon appeared from my wand and flew around the classroom. Some students clapped and Evanora and I went back to our seats.

"Good. 30 points for Slytherin," Snape said and began to ramble on about what each patroness symbolizes.

"So what was the memory you thought of?" Evanora whispered to me. I thought for a moment in panic not knowing what to say. I was definitely not going to tell her my happiest memory was of me realizing I loved her at eight years old.

"Remember when I knocked Potter off his broom in our third year?" I asked and she nodded. "I thought of that. It was so funny and everyone on the slytherin team worshiped me," I said and smirked at her.

She rolled her eyes and said, "His broken bones didn't worship you."
I laughed and she shot me a glare. "I can't believe you thought of something so mean. How can that be your happiest memory? You make me sick," She said and Snape dismissed us.

"You should be ashamed of yourself," She said and marched off to lunch.

I love it when she yells at me.

A/N: Thank you for 100 views!! Luv u & have an amazing day! -nessa<3