When I looked back, though, Dabi was gone. I curiously examined the surface of the water, but he was nowhere to be seen. "Ditching me on our date, you're so mean sometimes." I giggled, before sitting at the edge of the pool.

My legs dangled into the water, as I curled my toes and felt as the water glided through them. The water was beautiful, yet freezing. Just a simple dip was enough to send goosebumps down my arms and make my hair fly up.

I wanted to stay warm, and out of the water's grip. However, of course my wishes didn't go as planned. A strong grip latched onto both of my ankles, before I was dragged into the pool.

Dabi wrapped his arms around my naked body, carrying me with ease. His once spiky hair was now drenched in water, causing it to reach his shoulders. I don't think I ever noticed how long his hair was, but now that it was down, it was hard to ignore.

I screamed as the cold water encased my body, causing me to freeze instantly. Dabi chuckled in amusement, proud of his actions. Small streams of water seeped into my mouth, as Dabi dragged me completely off the edge. "Aah! You asshole!"

Despite the freezing temperature of the water, Dabi's body warmth was still noticeable. He held my thighs, and slowly brought me over to the other side of the pool. Moonlight gleamed down upon us, creating a shine atop our hairs and the surface of the water.

"Nobody's gonna know we broke into here, right?" I asked, containing my giggle.

"It's not breaking in, they left the door open for us." he grinned, before planting a kiss atop my lips.

"Anyways, what did you want to ask me?" Dabi continued.

"Oh, so now we're dipping into serious talk." I was contemplating even asking Dabi these questions, as they could be a bit too personal.

Instead of speaking, Dabi just stared. He stared at me, patiently awaiting my words. "Okay then. First of all, how do you know Hawks?"

"Man, Keigo.. I guess you could say we used to be close friends." Dabi replied.

"Keigo?" I asked.

He nodded his head, then continued to answer everything. I didn't even need to ask any more questions, Dabi just rambled on. "Hawks' old name. It's been so long since I heard it."

"Endeavor is a terrible person, he's one of the main reasons why this world is so fucked. God, if I got my hands on him, I'd burn him to ash right there."

"They all suspect I died, but in reality, I just ran away. I ran away from that hellhole, it's not worthy of being called a home."

"To that man, we were all nothing but toys, experiments in his sick game. Every one of us, we were an attempt to get higher to the top."

"That's why, you and me.. We're going to liberate this world from those fake heroes. Let's drag them off their shiny pedestals, in order to create a brighter future."

His vent left me in speechless. My mouth could no longer form words. All of this happened, yet it was covered by the media and bundles of lies. All of my words trembled. "What about the league?"

"I don't care. Shigaraki is nothing but a piss baby. They all follow him blindly, yet in the end, he's going to be the reason for their downfall." Dabi responded. This entire time, I had thought everyone was friends. Just a group of stray-aways, that had managed to find each other.

The room was silent, only the flows of water making sound, until Dabi spoke once more. "Moving on, show me what he taught you."

I nodded my head, before taking a deep inhale of air. Hawks had taught me several things, including how to prepare my body for my quirk. Due to the intensity of my quirk, the side-effects are major.

A current of power flowed through my veins, as I felt all the dots connect. My body was prepared, and the side-effects wouldn't be so devastating anymore. I started with something simple, demonstrating how I can now use three fingers.

"Instead of just one, I can now use three fingers to consistently release gas clouds." I explained with a smile on my face.

Dabi watched my movements carefully, examining the added details to my quirk. I flaunted all three of my gases, making him grin. "Oh! We also worked on agility and stuff, apparently they were my weak-points."

He nodded his head, telling me that he was still paying attention. I swam back over to Dabi, and allowed his arms to wrap over my shoulder. "(Y/N)."

"What are you to Hawks?" he asked.

Over time, Hawks' and I's friendship had surely grown. He attempted to break down my walls, in order to find the "real" me, and I guess he was successful. "I want to be his friend, but I don't know if I can trust him."

The words that I wanted to avoid, just spilt out at that moment. "Because, he's a double agent.."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; i'm so disappointed in y/n for snitching smh

not me acting like i didn't write her parts 😭😭

artwork by: 2Jhapita on twitter

words: 1422