Chapter 19:

Alexia's POV:

"Tell me again, Lex. What exactly happened?" Beck said, sitting at his desk with his head in his hands. I sighed. Great. Again. I've only told him twenty seven times what happened last night.

"I told you. We left the pups in the playroom. Then you left me with your mother for forty-five minutes with the other wives of the Elders. You told me that Will had mind-linked you, so I set off through the party trying to find you. I was in the back hallway, it was dark and I saw a figure approaching me. I steppped to the side to let them pass, but they came right up to me. They told me they had a message for the Luna and handed me the envelope. I looked at it and then went to ask who it was from, but when I looked up, the mysterious person had left. I couldn't see them anywhere, so I opened the envelope, read the note, looked at the pictures, and then came and found you immediately." I said, slightly exasperated.

"I'm sorry princess, I'm just trying to figure out what happened so we can put an end to this." He sighed. I nodded my head and he ran a hand through his hair, messing it up. I stood up and walked over to him. I lifted his chin to look at me and placed a kiss on his lips. His hands cupped my face, and he pulled me down to sit in his lap.. He pulled away and smiled lightly at me.

"What was he wearing?" I laughed and looked down at him. He rested his hands on my hips and he tilted his head back to look at my face.

"He was wearing a costume."

"Well it was Halloween, sweetheart..."

"Would you like me to tell you or not?" I scowled at him.

"Yes, please," he replied smirking.

"Then don't interrupt. As I was saying," I began looking at him pointedly. "He was wearing a cloak of some sort with red and gold stones and sequins all over it. They were supposed to be the Queen of Hearts. They had a full face mask on and a sort of crown. They had black shoes on and a black longsleeve shirt underneath the cloak."

"Is there anything else you can remember?"

"It was a dude. Definitely a dude. He sounded about mid twenties. Was I want to say 5' 10". Probably about 175lbs." Beck was writing something down on his notebook when he looked up at me. He took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose. "What are you thinking about?" I murmured softly.

He sighed and pulled me closer, nuzzling his face into my neck. "Whoever did this...they had to be someone I know, a pack member most likely. Either that or they found some way to mask every trace of their scent." My eyes widened. I hadnt thought about that. I hadn't smelled anything unfamiliar or out of the ordinary. But who would-?

"Who would do this though? Why would they come after their own Alpha and Luna."

"Lexi, I have a lot of enemies. We are not a well-liked people. I take blame for the actions of all of my pack members, because I lead them. So this could be for something I didnt even do. One of my pack members could have pissed someone or somebody off- and you get hurt in the crossfire." He ended in a whisper, tucking my hair beihind my ear.

"I'll be ok," I murmured. "We'll figure something out."

"I know. Lex, I will never let anything happen to you princess, I promise you that."

"Stop."

"Stop what, sweetheart?"

"Making it sound like im going to die tomorrow!" he growled lowly. "Beck I trust you! I know you will protect me. We can do this, we just have to think about it and figure it out."

"Ok, looking at this note it sounds like you know this person. Or that you've at least met them before. It also sounds like they might have ahd something to do with the attack on your pack."