Chapter 2

I woke up in a strange place. I tried to remember what happened but I couldn’t remember anything and then the thoughts of the worms started coming back and I started to feel nauseous. 

“Are you okay?” I looked up, he was standing there. I assumed I was in Wil’s apartment? Well damn, multi-million dollar franchises made bank, I need to get one of these. Wil Romero was the lead actor in the biggest film trilogy and was the most talked about celebrity today. And he was my childhood best friend. 

“Yeah I just, need to lay down.” Good one Lyla, you are laying down. 

“You want some water or something?” 

“Sure.”

He brought me some water and sat next to me and watched me as I drank it. Weird. 

“Can I, uh, borrow some clothes?” I didn’t feel like being in a dress anymore I could barely breath. 

“Yeah, of course.”

“What happened?” I asked, after I changed.

“Well we were standing there watching her body being lowered and you just.. passed out.” 

“Did I hit my head, it’s pounding like a fucking jackhammer.” 

“No, I caught you in time.” He said and smirked, god I haven’t seen that smile in what feels like a lifetime. 

“How the hell did I get here?” 

“I just carried you to my car and brought you in, you’re not that heavy you know.” He said still smiling.

“THAT heavy, thanks no wonder millions of girls throw themselves at you” and I gave him a little nudge. Just like we were eleven again. 

“I’ve missed you, you know.” He said and pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear.

“Why, I’m nothing special, Willie.” The ole nickname, I probably shouldn’t have said that, it only brings back memories. 

“Because you’re my best friend, you’re still my best friend.” He said and I could feel a tug at my stomach. 

“You’re like the most famous person on the planet, c’mon there’s like a trillion other people better than me and you got to fuck Taylor Swift didn’t you? That was like all you talked about for months how bad you wanted to bone her when we were like fourteen.”

“Why do you always do that Lyla?”

“Do what?” He got up like he as pissed or something.

“You put yourself down and turn everything into a joke when I’m just trying to fucking talk to you. I try to compliment you and then you make me feel like shit.” 

“It’s part of my charm babe, one of my many redeeming qualities.” Now we were both starting to get pissed.

“See! Like that.”

“What else do you want me to say? Forget it, I’m leaving.” In all honesty, I had no where to go. I was supposed to leave for my flight after the funeral, but I passed out and missed it and I checked out from my hotel this morning. Well that’s fanfuckingtastic, I didn’t even have the money to buy a plane ticket back to the New York. Guess I’d have to ask my grandfather for even more money. As if I didn’t feel like shit already. 

“Wait don’t leave.” He said.

“No Wil, I’ve been conscious for all of five minutes and I already ruined everything, might as well leave before we don’t talk to each other for two more years.” 

Oohh shit, I brought it up.