Chapter 10 - Sahadev x Draupadi

*unedited

It was the last day of the wedding series today. I have five husbands now. My marriage with Prince Sahadev completed mid noon and a huge feast was organized for all the brahmanas before which, all the six of visited the temple of Devi Mahakali - the sacred Rajyadevi.

The moon has risen, it's been a very long day. I'm exhausted would be an understatement. It feels like the strength in my feet has vanished, just a couple of muscles and their ache left now.

I remove my heavy anklets and ask Kuhu to arrange warm water for my feet. I can't take the pain anymore.

"You sure you want to soak them just in time for Prince Sahadev's arrival?" She responds with some sort of an astonished expression.

"Yeah, why?" I plainly reply.

"Well, nevermind. You would rebel anyway," She answers, convincing herself to which I chuckle proudly,

"I'm sure the Prince will understand."

I lay on the bed with my feet still on the floor as I think about what happened today - at my marriage with him. The youngest of all - Prince Sahadev. Sahadev. What might this name possibly mean? Saha-dev, does it mean the one with god? Maybe.

It's a beautiful name though. Just as beautiful as he is. I do not know much about him though, not everyone talks or knows about him. Whenever I think about him, all I end up is with curiosity. He is a very mysterious man.

"Princess?" A slightly deep voice calls. 

It's him. 

My heart starts racing as he nears further towards me.

"You had ordered a bowl of warm water for you feet, I believe?" He asks, forcing me out of my silence. 

As soon as my brain processes what he just said, I realize I hadn't noticed that he himself brought it for me.

"You brought it? Why? What the hell? Where is Kuhu?" I stir up as I try to grab it from his hand.

"Hey, no. It's okay. Really." He takes it back from me. 

"But-" He cuts me off,

"Kuhu was the one bringing it but I kind of, you know, wanted to bring it for you, so yeah," He hastily answers.

"Oh," I whisper and look at him intently.

He has honey brown, almond shaped eyes and the nose same as that of Prince Nakul. His brown hair complement exquisitely with his golden complexion and his lips are the deepest shade of red.

"Um..Princess?" He hesitantly shakes my shoulder. 

"Yeah, sorry," I awkwardly smile as he bends down and sits on one leg to keep the bowl of water so I keep my feet in them.

"Thank you," I smile before shyly looking down. Something about this man makes me nervous, shy and comfortable at the same time.

"The pleasure is mine," He smiles coyly and looks away before sitting down beside me.

"Aren't you tired as well?" I ask, wondering if he wants to go to bed.

"A little, definitely not as much as you." He says with sympathy all over his features.

I only smile, not knowing how to reply.

"Wow, you have a fantastic collection of science fictions," He says after walking over and glancing at the little library in the corner of my room.

"It's my favorite genre to read!" I excitedly exclaim.

"Mine too! Mostly over the sky fictions!" He replies, "Oh my god! You have the second part of Nakshatraarth? I've wanted to read it so much but it came out when we were in the woods you know," He is so excited.

"Yess, I bought it as soon as I could but haven't been able to read it until now." I tell him, disappointment clear in my voice.

"Oh," He replies a short one and jumps into some thinking, "Shall we red it now?" His eyes widen like a kid.

"Good idea but I'm kind of tired, you know," I groan.

"Well, how about I read it to you while you lay down?" He asks timidly.

"That'd be perfect," I feel my cheeks heat up as I answer.

---

A\N : I enjoyed writing this so much, I hope you you did too as you read :)