Chapter 7 - Bheem x Draupadi

*unedited

___

This time, my nerves were better than yesterday. The whole ceremony felt less heavier.
And the smiling face of Prince Bheem constantly kept my heart at ledge.

I recall how he held a hand out for me before standing up himself; knowing it'd be hard for me to do so on my own with all the heavy jewels toting me, and smile at the mirror, awhile taking off my heavy earrings.
So liberating! I sigh.

The day was good. Tiring but good - I analyse.
It was weird though; all the rituals were known and done before. It felt like a déja vu but only with a different person beside me. A different person holding my hand while walking around the holy fire.
It was a sin for other women to think of remarriages even, and mine is a multi marriage. The thought of one woman having multiple partners is not even an option in this society but it was open for men.
So unfair! I winced at myself.
The door should either be closed for both men and women or it should be open for both.
In fact, men are prompted to have more than one wife; polygamy is considered an achievement even. But when a woman even considers anything like that, she's termed the worst she could only mare of. That of a prostitute.

Shut up, Panchi! My subconscious scolds me. You cannot urge women to consider otherwise, just because you have. Poly marriage is not healthy. It can never be. It's only you who's exceptional.

Right, poly marriage can never be healthy. Even when it's done by a man. My conscious added. And I can definitely hope on changing that. Whatever it is, it's for both or none.

The string of such thoughts didn't fail to scare me. But a great human has once said, your dreams aren't big enough if they are not scary.
It's scary; but fire doesn't back off if something scares it, it simply swallows it. I will sure give it my everything to bring equality into this world. Whatever it takes.

But is this what you're born for? My subconscious interrupts again.

Although my marriage had brought certain purposes to my life, the root cause of my birth was still unknown.

"Prince Bheem is on his way, Princess!" Kuhu giggles loud enough to jerk me out of my thoughts in a slightly noticeable way.

"What's wrong, Princess?" She asks, for which I shake my head in a no.

"Frightened, eh?" She asks, confusing me.

"Of?" I ask.

"Of...you know...it's your first night!" She stammers with wide eyes.

"Ummm...yea, right." I feel my cheeks heat up. "But no, I'm not frightened or anything. It's just....my mind was somewhere else."

"Yeah, drowned in the thoughts of Prince Bheem!" She teases and walks away.

Prince Bheem. His name only has so much power. Bheem.
I unusually giggle to myself while pronouncing the word in a heavy voice.

You've gone mad, Panchi! I smack myself and stand up from the dressing table.

"Hello, Princess." Prince Bheem's husky voice greets me as soon as I turn around.

I smile and greet in return.

"You look really pretty." He waves at my physique.

"Thank you. You look good too, Prince." I can feel my cheeks at their deepest shade of red.

"Thank you." He blushes too.

I love how he didn't obstruct or try and hide the feeling. Or usually, expressions like blushing or giggling are considered too feminine for men. Specially for warriors like him.
It's so weird how expressions, choices and colours, even, are gender biased.

Gosh, I'm already falling for this man. I think to myself.

"And you don't have to call me Prince." He adds, while making himself comfortable on my bed.

"Then what should I call you?" I raise my brows playfully while going to sit beside him.

"Anything you want to, Princess." He chuckles.

"Well, but then you'll have to stop calling me Princess too." I point out.

"Yea, right." He chuckles again and thinks for a second, "ummm...you have so many names," he complains like a child, making me laugh.

"I'll call you Panchali though; I like your land more than your..." he doesn't complete the sentence.

"More than my?" I urge him to answer, certainly knowing it.

"Nothing," he wisely avoids.
Being the only married one, he certainly knows a woman more than any.

"My father!" I answer for him, faking anger playfully.

"I never said that...!" He laughs, "I love your father!"

"Yea..I know." I shake my head at him.

"I'm sorry," he says while cringing his big nose.

"It's okay. I don't really mind such things," I smile at him.

"And I love you for that," he simply confesses.

My cheeks heat up too much and I look down shyly.

"Ummm..I'm really sleepy." He yawns before pulling the blanket from below me and walking away towards the couch.

"Aren't you sleeping?" He asks after a few minutes.

"I will now. Do you need anything?" I ask him.

"Nothing. But I think you need rest." He nods toward me and keeps a watch on me until I go to bed.

"Good night, Panchali." He wishes.

"Good night, Aarya Bheem." I smile.

___

(A/N) : happy reading.

No explaination. That's how I think and that's what I've written. Thank you.

Please do vote it you like :)