Chapter Five: The League's Move

Author's note: Hey, guys! Thank you so much for reading. I'm sure you're all waiting to see Dabi- I promise we meet him soon. I'm publishing this chapter early so you guys won't need to wait so long. Enjoy :)

•••

Out of the silence, you heard running.

You saw the familiar face of the boy you had known since you were just a kid appear, and it was quite obvious that no, he had not 'peed his pants.'

Though, he should have been long finished by now.

And he was wearing a mask.

"Put these on!" Todoroki shouted as he tossed you and Bakugou two masks.

"Half of 1-B fell asleep. There's some sort of sleep induced toxin in the air. Yaoyorozu made these." Shoto explained.

As you flew up, you took in the scene around you.

The purple gas was filling the air with more and more visibility by each passing second.

"Where's Momo?" You asked Todoroki, raising the volume of your voice a little since you were above.

"She went up ahead with the others. We need to go warn the training centre." Shoto said in concern.

By now, the smoke was also spreading at a deadly fast pace, having already surrounded the majority of what you could see.

You dropped back down as a familiar voice rang in your head.

"We have discovered one of the villain's targets. His name is Kacchan. Kacchan should try to avoid all combat. Understand, Kacchan?" The red Pussycats' voice rang throughout your heads.

Right, you remembered, her quirk is telepathy.

You looked over at Bakugou, who was sneering.

"Stop making so much noise in my head!" He yelled, as if the hero could actually hear him.

The three of you began running back towards the centre in the heavy fog.

"It's the villains, it has to be. No one in Class 1-B has this sort of quirk. We need to warn the others." Bakugou was stopped abruptly as a line of steel pierced the ground beside him, missing the red eyed blond by a mere inch.

You spun around to see some sort of figure wrapped in green clothing.

Only his teeth were visible.

Lines of steel continued to fall down as the three of you tried to dodged them.

No, it wasn't steel.

The thing that had nearly hit Bakugou was extended from the fowl creature's teeth.

And there were more than one.

You shot up immediately, Shoto making eye contact with you and nodding.

You understood his gesture, as you had many times before.

Todoroki raised a giant wall of ice as you used your right wing to slash through the very tip of the it.

A charade of sharp icicles went flying, straight towards the villain.

A sharp pain coursed through the entirety of your left wing, causing you to drop back onto the ground.

"YOU STUPID TOOTHY BASTARD, I'M NOT LETTING YOU OR YOUR IDIOT FRIENDS PUT A SCRATCH ON ANYONE!" Bakugou growled, readying his explosions.

About a second before he could fly off, the boy next to you stopped him.

"Wait!" Shoto shouted back, the burning smell getting stronger.
"Don't. You can't use your explosions here, if you set the forest on fire, it'll only add to the trouble."