18| t h e p a t i e n t

Start from the beginning

"So, what's the latest update sa investigation?" Tanong ni Genesis. He shifted his gaze.

Astrid suddenly remembered the thing that had happened last night, she remembered Luxana's hollowed eyesocket where her deepest emotion lies, she remembered Luxana's pain, suffering, and misery.

"The killer isn't actually killing just for fun or because he just want to but he kills because of religion," Astrid answered.

"Religion?" Kunot noong tanong nito.

"Yes! Well um," Astrid sat down and took a deep breath like she was about to sing the national anthem. "I was able to talk to a woman named Luxana siya yung nasa letter ni Sophia isa siyang witch.." hindi natuloy ang sasabibin niya nang biglang nag salita si Genesis.

"Witch?! Like witch riding on a broomstick?" He asked.

"No! Witch like pagans! They worship nature until some of these religious freaks started persecuting pagans and their members. They actually hunting and persecuting these women since the ancient times and even in the modern era," Astrid explained.

"I mean this kind of act is not new to me given the fact that the emergence of radicals is rampant, the thing is we know who the radicals are and we know their cause and outcries but this killer is really elusive he must be a member of a secret society group." Astrid concluded.

"So you mean hindi lang iisa ang killer?" Bakas sa tinig ni Genesis ang pangangamba.

"Yes! The last time the killer caught me and almost choked me to death he said something..." wika ni Astrid

"About their brotherhood," dugtong niya.

Astrid looked at Genesis' skeptical facial expression.

"At hindi lang ang taong pumatay kay Emilia ang dapat kong hanapin kung 'di ang leader,"

Kailangan ding hanapin ni Astrid ang pinuno ng pangkat ngunit bago pa iyon ay kailangan niya munang alamin ang taong pumatay kay Emilia.

Biglang tumunog ang kaniyang cellphone.

It was a message from an unknown number.

"Meet me in Cerebral Asylum at around 7PM."

Before she could reply a notification of someone calling immediately flashed on her screen.

Felicity Calling.

"Yup," ani ni Astrid.

"Kairo is going to the Cerebral Asylum,"

Kumunot ang noo ni Astrid.

"Okay? I am not his Mom though," biro pa ni Astrid.

"What I am trying to say is that Kairo knows where Sophia's sister is,"

Naningkit ang mga mata ni Astrid.

"Wait. How?!"

"Long story, we'll just meet at Cerebral Asylum," Felicity said before ending the call.

She let an exasperated air leap out in her mouth.

"What is happening?" Tanong ni Genesis

"Kairo knows where Sophia's sister is," sagot niya sabay tayo sa kaniyang kama.

Binuksan ni Astrid ang kaniyang closet at tumambad sa kaniya ang napakaraming damit na nakasabit.

"I thought she's dead because of that fire that almost ate half of the asylum?" Tanong nito.

Nilingon siya ni Astrid habang nakahawak ang dalawang kamay nito sa pinto ng kaniyang cabinet.

"I don't even know Gen, if she's really alive then I need to save her, I need to know their coven before they all get killed but if she's dead then I need to gather clues and evidences that might answer our questions," litanya niya.